Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project 1/16th AA/FA AND HERE IT IS!

52 minutes ago, majel said:

Amazing work Ian!  What did you use for the injector fuel lines?  I have used stainless steel welding wire in the past, but i think it's too stiff and hard to bend.  

I use silver coated/plated aluminum jewelry wire.  It comes in rolls in these sizes .015, .020, .025, and .032"   I use .025 for the upper hard lines and .06o OD copper tube for the fittings on the distribution block.  I got mine from Michaels here in Canada but most box hobby craft stores should carry something similar.  I can't remember what I paid but I have what is probably a lifetime supply for under $30.00 CDN      BTY Thank you for the kind words.

IMG_0061[1].JPG

Edited by Ian McLaren
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 5:12 AM, David G. said:

Fabulous progress you've made on this one Ian!

As always, I'm enjoying the hand-made details you add.

David G.

Thank you, David. For the kind words, still some details to add.

Not much progress this weekend.  Still tuning up the new digs, with the main bathroom getting a makeover that required some unforeseen plumbing.

Sorry I haven't commented up until now. Ive been busy catching up.

This project is killer and you really must have researched it well. I was just digging on tje last couple of pics and I especially like the dusty headers. Really gives it a lived in vibe. Im watching from the lair.

On 11/1/2022 at 11:26 PM, Dragline said:

Sorry I haven't commented up until now. Ive been busy catching up.

This project is killer and you really must have researched it well. I was just digging on tje last couple of pics and I especially like the dusty headers. Really gives it a lived in vibe. Im watching from the lair.

Thanks for the comments Bob, glad you're enjoying it.  More details  coming soon and the bulk of the paint is on.

On 10/27/2022 at 1:33 AM, Ian McLaren said:

I use silver coated/plated aluminum jewelry wire.  It comes in rolls in these sizes .015, .020, .025, and .032"   I use .025 for the upper hard lines and .06o OD copper tube for the fittings on the distribution block.  I got mine from Michaels here in Canada but most box hobby craft stores should carry something similar.  I can't remember what I paid but I have what is probably a lifetime supply for under $30.00 CDN      BTY Thank you for the kind words.

IMG_0061[1].JPG

Necklace and beading section at Hobby Lobby. I just picked up the entire range. I have 1/24-1/16 covered for sure.

On 11/7/2022 at 7:47 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous Ian, I love the color scheme and the little red maple leaf on the front!

Combined with first class assembly, this product is definitely a trophy winner! 👌

Thanks Francis yes so far I'm pretty happy with the graphics, I figuredI you would  pick up on the maple leaf. I really hope the body works as well. The decal paper should arrive today and I can start wrapping this one up.

Edited by Ian McLaren

• Ian McLaren changed the title to Project 1/16th AA/FA AND HERE IT IS!
16 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Ian, my friend, you killed this one! Fantastic work, all-around. The paint is gorgeous--I definitely like the black! Glad you went with it. It was a joy to watch it come together. I'm looking forward to what comes to your bench, next.

Thank you so much Daniel! Your Vega looks fantastic throughout.  The next big project is a ways off, but I have a couple of smaller projects that I'm going to put the finishing touches on while I'm waiting for parts. They will show up here shortly.

IMG_0031.JPG

Edited by Ian McLaren

On 11/10/2022 at 3:52 PM, Nitrobarry said:

WOW! Excellent build Ian! Wish I had the patience to turn out that kind of work. Or should I say CRAFTSMANSHIP!

Thank you Barry, this one took nowhere near as long as the Royal Canadian but it became way more than first intended. It was supposed to be a wind down model after the last two, but it just got out of hand somewhere LOL.