Model Cars Magazine Forum

any interest in a baja bug resin body

I would be interested?  

29 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Hey guys,

Would there be any interest in a resin trans kit for revell vw kits to make them into more modern style baja bugs??

I was thinking it could include: 1 baja body like the one pictured except no shock tower holes, 1 fuel cell, 2 racing seats, 3 front wheels and tires,2 rear wheels and tires, and maybe even a how to build roll cage instruction?

Just curious,working on something and wanted to know.

Priced maybe in the $15-$25 area for the whole deal

Any input appreciated.

Doug R

RDClove1.jpg

baja995.jpg

Doug

If you're going to do this, please start with the Tamiya body. Was thinking of doing the same myself.

I need to buy a tamiya Vee Wee still.

My thought was that the revells kits were cheap still and plenty around.

I may build a tamiya body? That kit I am sure is high quality.

That would be awesome if you did one.Your stuff is top notch.

I am doing this body for a friend who just started casting and is doing great work. No body offers goodies for us off roaders.LOL!

Doug R

Doug

If you're going to do this, please start with the Tamiya body. Was thinking of doing the same myself.

Randy, Here are your Miranda rights: one of the very few rules we have here at MCM forums! is that when you register, if you register using a "handle" or an "alias",

you MUST place your REAL NAME

(at least first and last name) in your account "signature"

so that it appears below each message you post.

The signature text block is found in your profile section. If you need assistance in accessing it, contact a moderator.

If you choose not to display your real name in your signature, you will receive a warning which, if ignored, will result in removal of posting privileges, but I doubt that will be a problem knowing that Doug will prob. vouch for you....

:D

Randy, Here are your Miranda rights: one of the very few rules we have here at MCM forums! is that when you register, if you register using a "handle" or an "alias",

you MUST place your REAL NAME

(at least first and last name) in your account "signature"

so that it appears below each message you post.

The signature text block is found in your profile section. If you need assistance in accessing it, contact a moderator.

If you choose not to display your real name in your signature, you will receive a warning which, if ignored, will result in removal of posting privileges, but I doubt that will be a problem knowing that Doug will prob. vouch for you....

:D

Jairus,

I believe this to be Randy Frost of Perry's resin?

Really good guy.

Doug R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

This is a revell VW beetle that I am trying to master as a baja body for Jake to cast.

I have never made a master before,so this will be the first attempt.

This is what it will look like though. I need to do a little finish work still. Also this one piece front end might be do-able after some body work.

We are thinking of making it as a trans kit with wheels,tires,bead locks,fuel cell,seats,porsche trans ???

Jake already makes these seats-bead locks-fuel cell-and maybe even these tires by now.

If it turns out ok I will do a better version with the Tamiya body.

Your thoughts on this?

Would you be interested if the price was affordable?

Thanks for the input.

Doug R

100_3862.jpg

100_3867.jpg

100_3870.jpg

100_3866.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hey guys I know most of you who posted said to start with the Tamiya body but I went ahead with the Revell first. This is the first body I have casted and I needed something as a learning curve.

Anyway, I have made some huge progress on this and I hope to spread some good news in the next couple weeks. Thanks for looking