Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Charger Daytona

jjsipes

11 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Awesome paint, Jason. The paint separation line is perfect. Thats one thing I wish I could improve on. What kind of tape do you use, not that it will help me any.

Mark i have been using Tamiya tape right at the separation line on the past couple models. I really like the stuff.

• 1 month later...

Well, I now need to source another hood for my project. I love my dog but, she got a hold of my hood thinking it would taste good. Guess somebody knocked it down from the top of the bookshelf it was on until I got around to building it this winter.

20221128-133057.jpg

Did some digging, think I may have found another hood in my stash. I had a Revell Daytona Charger that I had swapped the front ends with a Revell 68 Charger to use an AMT 69 Charger 500 grille in to make a better detailed 69 Chargee 500. Need to finish that one soon. Anyway I have another hood to prep and paint.

15 hours ago, jjsipes said:

Did some digging, think I may have found another hood in my stash. I had a Revell Daytona Charger that I had swapped the front ends with a Revell 68 Charger to use an AMT 69 Charger 500 grille in to make a better detailed 69 Chargee 500. Need to finish that one soon. Anyway I have another hood to prep and paint.

Good news on finding another hood. Now maybe your dog can get out of the doghouse.

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

I can see what you're saying, Jason. There's no way you could stay mad at that wonderful puppy dog for more than just a few seconds. What an awesome dog you've got there. 

Thanks Mark. My wife and I walked into the pet store back in March and we seen that face and couldn't leave here there. She came home that day with us. Maddie, is her name. She goes to work with me everyday. She's my very close sidekick.

• 5 weeks later...