Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Quiz #11 - canceled due to offending of rules

Unfortunately someone was not able to read the rules of our truck or auto or one-off quiz. I think that it is sometimes better to read the rules instead  of writing answer without knowing the rules!

For all these are the rules.

• No answers allow in the ongoing Truck or Auto or One-Off quiz thread
  • No comments  in the ongoing  Truck or Auto or One-Offquiz thread that give any clues or suggestion to the car in question
  • A PM must be sent to the one who has started the ongoing thread 
  • The PM must contain Year, Manufacturer and Type
  • In case of offending the rules  the quiz will closed immediately and no winners will be announced.

Edited by carsntrucks4you

14 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

1950’s German Ford “Koln” model. 

Just in case you can't read, here's a line from the instructions: "In case of violating the rules  the quiz will closed immediately and no winners will be announced"

Edited by otherunicorn

9 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Nice job ruining the game.

Try reading the rules next time.

9 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

10 minutes ago, otherunicorn said:

Just in case you can't read, here's a line from the instructions: "In case of violating the rules  the quiz will closed immediately and no winners will be announced"
I'll be billing you for the hours I spent looking for the correct answer, time that has now been wasted.

Sorry guys. Your right I did not understand the rules. I apologize. 

Rereading the the rules. I’m still not getting it? And I’ll be honest, I do not understand what the big deal is. I saw photo asking what this was. I knew what it was, so I answered it. I was not expecting a prize or anything. I did not do it to upset anybody. And I will not be participating in this game again in future, since I still do not get the rules. Again, I apologize. 

25 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Rereading the the rules. I’m still not getting it? And I’ll be honest, I do not understand what the big deal is. I saw photo asking what this was. I knew what it was, so I answered it. I was not expecting a prize or anything. I did not do it to upset anybody. And I will not be participating in this game again in future, since I still do not get the rules. Again, I apologize. 

You are meant to send a private message (PM) to the person who made the initial post, telling them and them alone what you think the vehicle is. That way we can all do our research and give our answer without spoiling the fun of the search for anyone else.

Edited by otherunicorn

1 hour ago, otherunicorn said:

You are meant to send a private message (PM) to the person who made the initial post, telling them and them alone what you think the vehicle is. That way we can all do our research and give our answer without spoiling the fun of the search for anyone else.

Okay. I’ve got it now. Again, sorry I ruined this one guys. 

• Like 1

• carsntrucks4you changed the title to Truck Quiz #11 - canceled due to offending of rules
15 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Now the title says “cancelled due to offending of rules”? Man, you guys know how to continue rubbing a guys face in it. How much more am I going to be punished for this? Forgiveness is is just not be found here I guess. 

You're not being singled out for not bothering to read the rules and spoiling this round for everyone else.

Rounds have been cancelled in the past for exactly the same infraction by other people, and have been handled exactly the same way.

It even says right there in the rules that in the event somebody violates the rules, the round will be cancelled and no winners will be announced.

I'm sure everybody "forgives" you, but that doesn't restore this round of the game.

4 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

You're not being singled out for not bothering to read the rules and spoiling this round for everyone else.

Rounds have been cancelled in the past for exactly the same infraction by other people, and have been handled exactly the same way.

It even says right there in the rules that in the event somebody violates the rules, the round will be cancelled and no winners will be announced.

I'm sure everybody "forgives" you, but that doesn't restore this round of the game.

Thank you for your understanding Bill. I just found the way the cancellation was worded a little offensive. Especially when I see my name along with it. 

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Thank you for your understanding Bill. I just found the way the cancellation was worded a little offensive. Especially when I see my name along with it. 

Let me throw my words into the ring as the quiz organizer.

Yes my reaction is harsh and yes I think that a name should be said if somebody doesn't stick to the rules of our quiz.  If I had offend you, my apologies your name is deleted from the thread. 

There is pinned thread that describes the rules in the hope that nobody will write the answer in the quiz thread. But there are still guys who ignore this thread, therefore I  write down the rules in every weeks quiz thread. But even that didn't work.

The other thing is that you where informed from other members about your mistake, and nothing happend from your side. Usually the guy who did such a mistake had deleted his comment in the  quiz  thread. But your answer is still part of the quiz thread. This kind of reaction.

Even the answer is wrong or partly wrong like your answer the quiz has to  be cancel immediately. Do to the time delay from the USA to Germany sometimes I'll be to late to see it early enough.  

If you stay with the rules and sent a PM with the answer in a future quiz, you are welcome to participate any of our quiz. I hope my apologies  for my harsh reaction had reached you and we get back to  our regular quiz soon. Thanks for your understanding.

1 hour ago, carsntrucks4you said:

Let me throw my words into the ring as the quiz organizer.

Yes my reaction is harsh and yes I think that a name should be said if somebody doesn't stick to the rules of our quiz.  If I had offend you, my apologies your name is deleted from the thread. 

There is pinned thread that describes the rules in the hope that nobody will write the answer in the quiz thread. But there are still guys who ignore this thread, therefore I  write down the rules in every weeks quiz thread. But even that didn't work.

The other thing is that you where informed from other members about your mistake, and nothing happend from your side. Usually the guy who did such a mistake had deleted his comment in the  quiz  thread. But your answer is still part of the quiz thread. This kind of reaction.

Even the answer is wrong or partly wrong like your answer the quiz has to  be cancel immediately. Do to the time delay from the USA to Germany sometimes I'll be to late to see it early enough.  

If you stay with the rules and sent a PM with the answer in a future quiz, you are welcome to participate any of our quiz. I hope my apologies  for my harsh reaction had reached you and we get back to  our regular quiz soon. Thanks for your understanding.

This whole thing becomes more and more offensive. I’m very very offended by the above response. I’m not okay with be abused in the way I am here. I made a mistake. People are making it out to be a capital offense. Please stop. 

17 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

This whole thing becomes more and more offensive. I’m very very offended by the above response. I’m not okay with be abused in the way I am here. I made a mistake. People are making it out to be a capital offense. Please stop. 

The inability to read and follow the rules was pointed out and apologies were issued and you are still offended? Maybe the internet isn't for you.