Model Cars Magazine Forum

Took some pictures of my latest build, Pro Street '46 Ford

Kelly Burns

Mark Thank you!  I sure will.  I'm starting on '64 Dodge, the Little Old Lady from Pasadena car, trying to make it accurate to what she could have drove, including the current trans.  Then I have another P/S build.

Ron, I used the Larry Morgan Super Clean Olds chassis for the back halve and kept the original style frame and dropped axle front suspension.  Just modified the heck out of the crossmember to get it in the weeds.

IMG_9716.JPG

IMG_9676.JPG

IMG_9673.JPG

Man does that look WICKED!!! Stance is on-point. Love the rear 3/4 view with the prominent wheelie bars and chute. Looks like it’s ready to kick some ass! 

This car immediately made me think of “Fat Jack” Robinson’s pro street coupe from the 80’s.  

• Like 1

Phat Attack is Back!! Awesome build, Kelly. I saw Fat Jack race his '46 at the Tustin airbase. Remember it being featured prominently in Hot Rod, R&C and Street Rodder. You should do Jerry Moreland's 40 Tudor now. 😀 https://www.torqtalk.com/home/project-40-worlds-fastest-street-rod-the-original-pro-street-outlaw-part-1-the-build

Fatties.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hoffman said:

Phat Attack is Back!! Awesome build, Kelly. I saw Fat Jack race his '46 at the Tustin airbase. Remember it being featured prominently in Hot Rod, R&C and Street Rodder. You should do Jerry Moreland's 40 Tudor now. 😀 https://www.torqtalk.com/home/project-40-worlds-fastest-street-rod-the-original-pro-street-outlaw-part-1-the-build

Fatties.jpg

I was literally a 15 yr old, midwestern boy reading about it, and all the other stuff going on, in the magazines wishing I was out there.  We had family in Hermosa Beach that we visited regularly, I would take magazines with me in hopes I could talk someone into taking me by Fat Jack's, Pete and Jake's or Boyd's, but I guess I wasn't convincing enough.  The pains of be in a non hot rodding family!

That picture you posted is what I used to try and get my stance correct.  I can't reveal all my upcoming builds LOL, but that is on the short list.  I'm build a Little Old Lady from Pasadena Super Stock Dodge for a show next month then probably the Project '40.

This was my first real kit bash and my second model I've done in 30 years, and learned so much, hopefully my builds will continue to improve.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Man does that look WICKED!!! Stance is on-point. Love the rear 3/4 view with the prominent wheelie bars and chute. Looks like it’s ready to kick some ass! 

This car immediately made me think of “Fat Jack” Robinson’s pro street coupe from the 80’s.  

Thank you for the compliment!

On 8/6/2022 at 11:02 AM, mrm said:

Very cool. I love the buried-in-the-ground nose look. Great paint on it too. Is that Tamiya TS-49 Bright Red?

Thank you!  No, its TS-31, Bright Orange.  My current build I'm using Bright Red, they are very close.