Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Gurney Indy Lotus

Just got this kit, and it was as I remembered it. With out a doubt the most incorrect Tires I've ever seen. anyone know where I might find A treaded correct size set of tires? I'm not building for a contest quality, just something to look right. HHHHEEELLPPPP!!!!

I had contacted Michael back on July 2nd concerning these kits, and he said that supply shortages on resin casting materials is slowing production down.  He also said that there was a high demand for these kits, so hopefully once he gets his supplies he'll be able to cast more.

21 minutes ago, Jim B said:

I had contacted Michael back on July 2nd concerning these kits, and he said that supply shortages on resin casting materials is slowing production down.  He also said that there was a high demand for these kits, so hopefully once he gets his supplies he'll be able to cast more.

Cheers Jim. I just emailed them myself, as I too am interested. Hopefully these become available again before too long. I'd like to get a couple of the Lotus 29 upgrade kits and a couple additional sets of tires when they are in stock again.

35 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Cheers Jim. I just emailed them myself, as I too am interested. Hopefully these become available again before too long. I'd like to get a couple of the Lotus 29 upgrade kits and a couple additional sets of tires when they are in stock again.

Good luck with getting the upgrade kits.  Yes, hopefully these will become available again as the 1963 Lotus 29 kit has been reissued.

Personally, what I'd like to see are new(er) Indy car kits become available.  It'll never happen, though.