Model Cars Magazine Forum

Surfboards in which kits?

Smitty

I also found these on Ebay last year or so. Probably from the '64 Malibu surf wagon.

I'm always looking for the thrusters (3 fin) as that was the era that I used to surf in. I do like the older ones though I still have an old G and S longboard. When that thing hits you, you feel it! 🤕

cj5 jeep a.jpg

• Like 1

The top board looks to be a Yater Spoon. A popular design from back in the 70s in case you want to impress anyone with surfing trivia 😄. The bottom board looks like just a typical vintage board. Thes look like they come with a roof rack too!

Revell  Ford F100, the early kit that warped so badly; think it had one.  I found some window-blind slat material that works okay, and some PVC strips from a hdwe. store that aren't bad.  Laminating two produces a thick board; lot's a sanding and shaping thojgh.  Not available from online suppliers?    Wick

10 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

Pick up some balsa wood and make your own!

Good suggestion Johnny. That was going to be my approach, but I’d probably just use styrene sheet. Being basically lazy, I thought I’d first check to see if there were some I could pirate from a kit.