Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 49 merc

Brudda

Won this at our local club raffle. Not into customs but I thought I would give it a try. Revell 49 merc. Put a 2007 GT  500 supercharged engine with a 6 speed transmission. And the GT500 rear end. Had to modify the rear wheel house and frame to fit the rear tires and wheels. Put a mystic cobra paint job on her and here she is. 

6AB511B7-973D-4718-A718-03FC10C4DDB5.jpeg

4D9364FE-3510-492F-9566-7B2FA5256AA7.jpeg

664F2963-E8C1-4689-A6F3-F001560A70E9.jpeg

390BDB67-AF94-4B42-8147-5661AA04560B.jpeg

FFC948B5-9FB4-4CDD-9064-702BF391932E.jpeg

5215AF99-654B-4DC9-A952-04C8C46AA61A.jpeg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, espo said:

The paint job, color and finish, are both beautifully done. Nice interior colors and trim. Too bad it's hard to see with a chopped top. Got the stance right. 

Thank you espo. Very hard to see the work in the interior. Very fun build. 

4 minutes ago, rsmodels said:

Bruce, I'm not much into customs either but this is one beautiful build! It looks great from all angles and the paint is superb. -Rich

Thank you Rich. I really did not know if any of my ideas would work. It was a very fun build because you did not have to copy a certain car. A little more freedom on hot rods and customs. Some ideas did not work, like I first painted the wheels gold, and they looked weird. So I went to black. I kept lowering the car after each step. Like when I put the interior in the car the car sat up high. Take the rear end apart and lower again. But overall it worked. 

Just now, Brudda said:

Thank you Rich. I really did not know if any of my ideas would work. It was a very fun build because you did not have to copy a certain car. A little more freedom on hot rods and customs. Some ideas did not work, like I first painted the wheels gold, and they looked weird. So I went to black. I kept lowering the car after each step. Like when I put the interior in the car the car sat up high. Take the rear end apart and lower again. But overall it worked. 

Oh and the paint , I thought the mystic color might be outdated, but somehow it worked out. A lot of this build was luck.