Model Cars Magazine Forum

I’ve always liked these KUV Service Vans and I’ve been curious what the body would look like on a Chevy G30 van. So I’m taking my second Foxy Box Van and going to build my own version of one. At some point, I’m going to do the same thing with a AMT Snap Fast Dodge Ram 2500. That one will be able to have the service body removed, so that I could go to a pickup and service truck easily.

602DDAD4-8C2D-49D6-9932-421D9526FF9C.jpeg

4BD898E5-05D7-4D69-9391-D8C5DA62D3B8.jpeg

F2D1A07C-2FA7-4428-866C-D1D4066D56E6.jpeg

Edited by Saltie Olds

• Saltie Olds changed the title to Off Road 4x4 G30 KUV
1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Why not use the chassis from an MPC GMC Deserter pickup? It's the correct scale and more accurate for a GM van than using Ford running gear.

Haven’t thought about modifying one of those chassis’s to work with the van. All I’d be using the Ford truck for the front axle, front drive shaft, and control arms.

9 hours ago, Saltie Olds said:

Haven’t thought about modifying one of those chassis’s to work with the van. All I’d be using the Ford truck for the front axle, front drive shaft, and control arms.

Considering that you are talking about using a Ford axle under a GM and while it may fit, would be considered incorrect. The 4x4 conversions of the GM vans used leaf springs and not the coil spring/control arm set up that Ford used.

6 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Considering that you are talking about using a Ford axle under a GM and while it may fit, would be considered incorrect. The 4x4 conversions of the GM vans used leaf springs and not the coil spring/control arm set up that Ford used.

Oh, I didn’t know that. Thank you for letting me know. I’m going to have to look into that and see how accurate I want the front end to be. I know doing the front coils will give me the ride height I’m wanting.