Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 914-6

TransAmMike

For those who have been looking in on my WIP for this build and my rant about this kit you know that I have no love for this kit.  For those who haven't, well as I just said.....I have no love for this kit. 

Having owned a 1:1 914-1.8 and always wanting a real 914-6 my Daughter gifted me this kit, so I was all in to build it. This build is the 25th since I got back to modelling a few short years ago and this one gave me more fits than any of the others and as far as I'm concerned is the worst of them all.

Thanks for letting me vent on this.

Paint is Createx Opaque Red cleared with Future. Thank you Tom ("Modlbldr") for supplying me the wheels (that seem to scale out to about 18.5"). The supplied wheels and tires just seemed too small to me. The tires were an Ebay purchase. 

So here it is in all her glory😂

1693703532_20220808_124844(2).jpg.984bac91c5552a8889b0a4998dc5a792.jpg

20220808_154639.jpg.9e4462e4bc037ca5fc432738461cd4be.jpg

1248210870_20220808_124916(1).jpg.382a976edebf23cc924d0f13f9cb9d66.jpg

20220807_190806.jpg.d101b4c517864b4b518d782af7a10fed.jpg

15123827_20220808_141409(1).jpg.b1484341fe6314ac1bfb7011f6567077.jpg

20220808_154533.jpg.7505ac5ed74bac5f32454087e75e6689.jpg

Thats all I got Guys'.           Like the saying goes, "it is what it is"           Thanks for looking.

• Like 6

working through a dog of a kit is good every once in a while - keeps your game sharp!  i'm dealing with a similar situation on my '65 lincoln continental at the moment (easily the most poorly engineered kit i've encountered) and i cant wait to be done with it.  you did a great job on this little porsche, all things considered!

15 hours ago, Perspective Customs said:

Really nice. Love the wheels. Just looks like it's time for new rear shocks.

Thanks Jay, shocks are on order.😃 Seriously tho, it sits level but for some reason in that last pic it looks a lot higher in front.

13 hours ago, Kah puts said:

Nice clean P car.

Thank you Glen

13 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Mike...I feel your pain on this kit. I have built it twice and my results are not near as good as yours. You did a great job on this one.  I really wish someone would do a great 914-6. They were the poor mans Porsche.

Thanks Rich.  You really attempted this kit twice?????  I agree on another better version. Even knowing what I know after building it I doubt I could solve the fit issues.

13 hours ago, Kah puts said:

Nice clean P car.

Thank you Glen

13 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Mike...I feel your pain on this kit. I have built it twice and my results are not near as good as yours. You did a great job on this one.  I really wish someone would do a great 914-6. They were the poor mans Porsche.

Thanks Rich.  You really attempted this kit twice?????  I agree on another better version. Even knowing what I know after building it I doubt I could solve the fit issues.

5 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Looks great to me Mike.  Nice color and stance!

Thank you Chaz!

5 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Easily among the best builds of this kit.  Nice work!

Well thats sure a big compliment...thank you Jonathan!

5 hours ago, Jim B said:

Nicely done.

Thanks Jim

2 hours ago, espo said:

Looks great. I know how much this kit fought you, but you did win.  

Thank you David.  Yep, it was definately a battle.

2 hours ago, radiohd10 said:

working through a dog of a kit is good every once in a while - keeps your game sharp!  i'm dealing with a similar situation on my '65 lincoln continental at the moment (easily the most poorly engineered kit i've encountered) and i cant wait to be done with it.  you did a great job on this little porsche, all things considered!

Thanks Ryan.  I certainly know what your feeling.  As I have said, it would have gone back into the box if it wasn't a present from my Daughter.