Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 914-6

TransAmMike

3 hours ago, ATHU said:

Looking good, nice work!!

3 hours ago, PatW said:

We've all had the same experience with this awful kit, although I have another on the shelf, only because I've wanted a real one since I don't know when! But you have made a great job of it, well done!

2 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice!

Thank you Anders, Pat and Larry.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PatW said:

Hi Mike, I've thought about this kit as it's on the shelf. It's washed and ready to build, can you tell me what page in the WIP Section it's on please, just to remind me of the drawbacks!

I don't think I actually did a WIP Patrick.   This kit is definatly challenging, a lot of fit issues especially with the whole rear assembly. I finally gave up trying to get the rear bonnet to fit right and just glued it in place. Can't see the engine anyway.  If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

8 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Looks great, especially considering all the problems the kit was born with.  :D

Sure would be nice if somebody would tool an accurate 914 that actually looks like a 914, as the body lines and proportions on that kit are awful.

But somehow, I don't foresee that happening.

Yeah too bad Tamiya would'nt do one but you're right, not happenning....and thanks Bill.

13 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

I don't think I actually did a WIP Patrick.   This kit is definatly challenging, a lot of fit issues especially with the whole rear assembly. I finally gave up trying to get the rear bonnet to fit right and just glued it in place. Can't see the engine anyway.  If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks Mike. Yes the rear deck lid was a problem with mine previously. I just cut off the hinges and did the same as you. I did see a pick up version on one of the sites recently so may leave mine off altogether!