Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge (not Charger) Daytona.

Daryl Romain

Started this build in 1985, when it was a new kit. It was to be my entry in a club pro street buildoff, and everybody quit. Mpc Dodge Daytona. It went back in the box, and has been there until last week.  I think the chassis came from a Dyno Don Pinto, but I can't remember. Ongoing plans include working on the stance a bit, swapping the Lenco for a Torqueflite, and deciding on an obnoxiously loud multi color paint scheme.IMG_20220811_162803929.thumb.jpg.5266d88546ab9dc78f4b9f9d6bfd015a.jpgIMG_20220811_162810228.thumb.jpg.f447a366f076805c2bed9e23ff6a1ad6.jpg

• Like 3

I really like where you're going with this one Daryl. I've still got my Snap-Tite Pro Streeted out Daytona that I threw together as a kid. Now ya gotta keep in mind.... I was around 14 or so when I built this. LOL. I really outta dig this one back out and do this up right.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Thank you, and yours looks darn good, especially for a 14 year olds' work. Sometimes, but rarely do I rebuild kits. As a senior citizen, an unchanged build from days gone by provides a look into where my head was at the time of the build. I do refresh and repair old builds, but try not to to change the flavor.

Edited by Daryl Romain

• 2 months later...