Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 1960 Plymouth wagon --- built from NOS kit

rsmodels

Here's another station wagon I built a while ago. It's box stock other than the tires which are BF Goodrich from a Monogram 59 Cadillac, and I also added a tailgate window which these kits did not come with. I used Bare Metal foil on the trim as usual. I usually prefer to restore models rather than use NOS kits from my stash but this is an exception.

I don't often add mirrors or antennas to my models but I do have them. When I display a model with those accessories, I usually hold them on with a bit of putty rather than gluing them. Once in a while I'll pin them.

I always appreciate all comments/ questions and do take the time to read them but don't always reply to each one.

I hope you like this Plymouth. Eventually I plan to build my 60 Plymouth hardtop to go with it. Thank you for taking the time to look.   -Rich

DSC01255.JPG

DSC01240.JPG

DSC01247.JPG

DSC01230.JPG

DSC01257.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

DSC01231.JPG

DSC01236.JPG

DSC01239.JPG

DSC01244.JPG

DSC01262.JPG

DSC01263.JPG

DSC01268.JPG

DSC01080.JPG

DSC01269.JPG

DSC01271.JPG

DSC01272.JPG

DSC01274.JPG

DSC01255.JPG

DSC01113.JPG

DSC01127.JPG

DSC01128 (2).JPG

DSC01136.JPG

DSC01166.JPG

DSC01129.JPG

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Street Rod said:

Beautiful model! The paint and foil are impeccable! Very well done!

Thank you Doyle.

5 minutes ago, Speedpro said:

Very nice! Beautiful paint and the bmf looks perfect.

Speedpro

Thanks Paul appreciate your comment.

8 minutes ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Cool, looks great

Eric, thanks.

16 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Excellent. 👍👍👍

Thanks Steve.

I agree with you - I much prefer to go the restoration route than to build a vintage survivor,  That being said, when one can do justice to the kit...and you've done justice to the kit...  Great build!  Can wait to see the hardtop. 

Edited by showrods

Beautiful looking Plymouth wagon. I remember seeing the color treatment on the front fenders on the top-of-the-line Plymouths that year. A friend of mine had a base two door when we were in school, and it didn't have any trim at all. You have a very clean and realistic build style and it's nice to see some of these old kits built to your standards. 

12 hours ago, showrods said:

I agree with you - I much prefer to go the restoration route than to build a vintage survivor,  That being said, when one can do justice to the kit...and you've done justice to the kit...  Great build!  Can wait to see the hardtop. 

Peter, thanks very much.

11 hours ago, Kah puts said:

Museum quality build, we can tell you love building models, thanks for posting. 

Thanks Glen, I do enjoy building, especially when I can choose my subjects. When I built models for a living back in the 80's it wasn't always as much fun because I often built to order. I finally stopped because I didn't have time to build the models I wanted for myself. It's a lot more fun for me to be building a model of something I like.

The 60 Plymouth hardtop will be a while. I have a bunch of bodies painted and will probably finish them first. I'm now finishing a Revell 62 Imperial 4 door which I'll post before too long.  -Rich

9 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking Plymouth wagon. I remember seeing the color treatment on the front fenders on the top-of-the-line Plymouths that year. A friend of mine had a base two door when we were in school, and it didn't have any trim at all. You have a very clean and realistic build style and it's nice to see some of these old kits built to your standards. 

David, I appreciate your kind comments. -Rich