Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 GTX (MPC)

Mopar - D

It seams like I always end up having to do a second coat but it looks better to me with the second coat. I will be wet sanding this coat before I BMF and add decals then the clear coat. On my reference GTX it has some trim below the doors so I made up some to put on it. Still need to trim the pieces to fit. 

51F97664-97B3-4A3F-BD93-EC4DC09DEDCD.jpeg

3A850F42-3801-40BE-83D8-1016932BE80A.jpeg

408F70D4-D17C-4BA6-9FB9-7A2577A55CE8.jpeg

• Like 1

Now that I’ve finished the Charger I’m back working on the GTX. I’ve burned through my second coat sanding so I’ve ordered some more paint. I’m looking for some 1mm white pin striping I have not been able to find any so far. I’ve been working on adding some details to the engine bay still have more work to do on it. Thanks for everyone’s comments so far on my build. 

46A8A637-B97E-4036-8314-C12E43D07CB9.jpeg

CBCC6B49-BC2B-4AFE-8650-F5292942284D.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slusher said:

Dan, I sure you will have fixed and under glass soon.  Set backs are very discouraging…

Thanks Carl, tomorrow is my last day of semi retirement as I’m going to be going back to work full time starting on Monday so my completion for this one is going to be a little longer.