Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Ford Crown Victoria

landman

A neighbor's friend is selling his Crown Victoria. Initially I was going to post his ad but it likely is against company policy so here are a few photos of it. My neighbor asked me If I could build a model for his friend to remember his car by. She is a beauty.

Scan_20220119 (2).jpg

Scan_20220119 (4).jpg

Scan_20220119 (5).jpg

Scan_20220119 (6).jpg

Scan_20220119 (7).jpg

Scan_20220119 (8).jpg

Scan_20220119.jpg

Edited by landman
  • Like 6

Will watch this build, that is one beautiful Fairlane.  Wish I had the cash to buy it.  Those wheels, or some very similar are in the '53 Ford Convertible kit from Lindberg.  As for the continental kit, I have seen one, but cannot recollect where, maybe someone else will chime in.

I agree, this was one of the prettiest '50's Ford. I think the AMT Edsel kit had an optional continental kit like the one on your friend's car. The spotlights can be found in the Galaxy '48 Chevrolet kits as well as the fog lights. The Revell '48 Ford has a spotlight but only for the driver's side along with some roof lights that could be used for fog lights. Great looking color combination  also.  

3 minutes ago, landman said:

Trying on lids and doors to check the fit. Does anyone know if fender skirts are available for this puppy? Or am I in for a fab job?

IMG_2552.JPG

cool project. the closest i've seen to those skirt are a set for the 63 impala by pegasus. The only ones I've seen for the ford are the long cruiser style versions

• Thanks 1

The chrome rocker moldings should be easily made from some thin flat stock plastic. The larger upright partr on the front fenders were a separate part as I recall but they did butt up against each other. Looks like you have the continental kit figured out. 

58 minutes ago, espo said:

The chrome rocker moldings should be easily made from some thin flat stock plastic. The larger upright partr on the front fenders were a separate part as I recall but they did butt up against each other. Looks like you have the continental kit figured out. 

Yes, it shouldn't be too difficult toi make out of flat stock.