Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Ford Crown Victoria

landman

On 9/9/2022 at 7:09 AM, mustang1989 said:

For starters, your neighbor's friend has a VERY nice-looking car. That's one thing that I've always liked about these older cars is the colors used throughout. Very eye catching and brilliant in nature.

I do like what you're doing with this one Pat. Working your magic yet once again.

I agree Joe, I love the colors used on older cars.  I like following Pats builds!

• Thanks 1

Looking really good so far! If I might make a suggestion, can those Firestone Supremes and get either some Firestone Deluxe Champions, some old Trophy Series tires. They will not only look more authentic to the car, but will also be a heck of a lot easier to paint whitewalls on.

This one is wearing the Deluxe Champions. They were commonly used in the AMT/Ertl issue kits. The skirts are cut-down 49 Merc units. 

2vNDTGYMxQKCP.jpg

2vNDTWp8xQKCP.jpg

2vNDTWp8xQKCP.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2022 at 5:30 PM, landman said:

Trying on lids and doors to check the fit. Does anyone know if fender skirts are available for this puppy? Or am I in for a fab job?

IMG_2552.JPG

Pat, I'd try using a set of skirts from an AMT '57 T-bird. Looks like they should fit, have the right curves at the bottom and look right with a bit of filing and sanding.

Looks great so far, BTW.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Pat, I'd try using a set of skirts from an AMT '57 T-bird. Looks like they should fit, have the right curves at the bottom and look right with a bit of filing and sanding.

Looks great so far, BTW.

Hi Steve, I don't have a '57 T=Bird. So they'll likely havee to be scratchbuilt.

11 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

Looking really good so far! If I might make a suggestion, can those Firestone Supremes and get either some Firestone Deluxe Champions, some old Trophy Series tires. They will not only look more authentic to the car, but will also be a heck of a lot easier to paint whitewalls on.

This one is wearing the Deluxe Champions. They were commonly used in the AMT/Ertl issue kits. The skirts are cut-down 49 Merc units. 

2vNDTGYMxQKCP.jpg

Beautiful model. I thinned out y paint and gave them a once over. they turned out not too bad.

IMG_2610.JPG.0d2ce5a07aaa34fa3d391209192d5b52.JPG

I did have a 49 Merc. It had donated its hind quarters to the couch. However i can't find the rest of it. Shame on me for throwing away something with "potential".

IMG_2611.JPG.cb305fb3a982d3618613b0034a681a9c.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...