Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cougar II door and trunk hinge retainers

unclescott58

Because of it being mentioned another in thread here, I pulled out my old Lindberg Cougar II kit, to look at finishing it. I ran across a curious  problem. For some reason I’m missing door hinge retainers, part #52, for both sides. Plus, I’m also missing the same basic parts for the trunk. Listed as “trunk hinge”, part #58. And again both of them. This is a weird one. Everything else seems to be there. Why have these parts have been misplaced, I do not know? 

I’m hoping someone out there can help me. I know the Lindberg Cougar II kits are still fairly easy find. But, I’d hate to have to buy one for just those four missing parts. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've got a Lindberg Mustang II kit that has similar hinge retainer parts. The difference is in the doors, mine has 2 retainers instead of one large one, they look like your trunk & hood parts.  If you think you can use them, they"re yours. PM me your address if you want them, they're unused/unpainted.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:02 AM, Leica007 said:

I've got a Lindberg Mustang II kit that has similar hinge retainer parts. The difference is in the doors, mine has 2 retainers instead of one large one, they look like your trunk & hood parts.  If you think you can use them, they"re yours. PM me your address if you want them, they're unused/unpainted.

Thank you, but just this morning I purchased a second Cougar II kit to get the correct parts. Since no one indicated they had the exact parts available, and I knew a local hobby store had a copy of the kit still in stock at a reasonable price, I’ve chosen to go that route instead.