Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grill design requests

OldMopars and myself are teaming up to produce grills for cars and trucks. I am not saying we will do all requests but here is the procedure. Make a request for something to be made with reference pictures of what is desired. This has to be made for a readily available kit, which will need to be mailed to myself for scanning as we have found this is the most reliable way to ensure great fitment. The body needs to be primered in light grey to ensure scanning is very accurate, I will mail the body back at the expense of the provider unless a grill is purchased from me which if so I will send it back with the purchase free if charge.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

This is quite a project to take on. Kudos to you both.

Counting down to the barrage of requests from people who can't follow your simple rules in 3,2,1...

Well I will tell you most of experience here has been good. Also I am not trying to be a jerk or anything, but my business is just a side hustle and Scott does the modeling in his down time as well. I find printing fun and I will own it, I do find the extra income useful in these trying times. Plus making new stuff is fun in itself.

• Like 2

Charles,

Thank you for stepping up and working with Scott. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is Scott creating the file and you are doing the printing? I ask because on the S-10 grill I sent Scott a body and he designed it and had you print them. Not sure if you or him have the body but I would like it back (I did buy two grilles from you).

2. In the future, should we contact you beforehand to make sure one of us isn't requesting the same thing?

Thanks!

Charles asked me to post this up to see if there’s any interest.Maybe some different grille/bumper and hood options for the new Revell 71 442 kit.These would also work for the OOP Revell 72 Hurst Olds convertible kit since it’s based off of it.

70 442 front bumper and rear bumper

145C5988-BCB6-4C0A-B7E0-A8CF954133E2.jpeg

FE8C5415-D7DE-499F-85D5-36FFE6897474.jpeg

Edited by catpack68
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Charles,

Thank you for stepping up and working with Scott. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is Scott creating the file and you are doing the printing? I ask because on the S-10 grill I sent Scott a body and he designed it and had you print them. Not sure if you or him have the body but I would like it back (I did buy two grilles from you).

2. In the future, should we contact you beforehand to make sure one of us isn't requesting the same thing?

Thanks!

I do not have your body, I assume you shipped to him as I did not scan anything for the first 3 designs, we decided that scans were the way we would do them from here on out. You will need to talk to Scott about your body.

I will be the one that will be receiving the reference kits so if you post here and we decide to take the project I will contact whoever has the reference kit.

3 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

So while I understand the frustration here this is not an in-production kit and very niche product that would be a lot of time spent for very limited sales.

That's OK (and true). I plan to do it myself when I get the chance. I don't mind filling niche needs.

73-4 Dodge Dart grilles would be really handy to convert the recent reissues of the MPC 75 and 76 Dart Sport kits. They would be used for replica stock, pro stock drag racers, and Chrysler KitCar oval track and road course race builds.

73DartSportGrille.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jokar124 said:

73-4 Dodge Dart grilles would be really handy to convert the recent reissues of the MPC 75 and 76 Dart Sport kits. They would be used for replica stock, pro stock drag racers, and Chrysler KitCar oval track and road course race builds.

73DartSportGrille.jpg

I would like for that one to be done too along with the correct taillight panel.But I think they are looking to do grilles for kits that are currently in production.Too bad though because I would like to see Charles do this conversion!

Edited by catpack68

2 minutes ago, catpack68 said:

I would like for that one to be done too along with the correct taillight panel.But I think they are looking for kits that are currently in production.

That is the intent, understand that we both are doing this as a side gig, and with that said spending a lot of time with modeling and setup to sell 2 or 3 is not real smart, especially for Scott.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...