Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack B-81SX Done.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:11 AM, Warren D said:

Looks good.  I'd like to make one suggestion, replace the tape pin striping with decals.  Microscale makes decal pin stripes in various colors and widths.  You can find these at model RR supply stores or on the net.  Some of the thinner stripes can be coerced to go around corners. 

Thank you for the tip on the pinstripes, Warren! Love your Brockway 361 dump, by the way!

On 8/27/2022 at 8:41 AM, The Brush said:

The plough looks great, I built a LJX Dumper a while back, that also would have suited a plough. maybe next time.

Regards Graham

Thank you, Graham! I'd love to see some photos of your LJX Dumper. Can you post some?

On 8/24/2022 at 1:40 PM, happy grumpy said:

Really beautiful build. I like the color and the photography. The bigger wheels give it an intimidating look

Thank you, Mario! I agree with you on the bigger wheels. Most of the heavy duty Mack, Autocar, and Brockway, dumps, mixers, and lowbed rigs had big 24" rubber for decades. Too bad the AMT Autocar /MPC Macks did not include the bigger wheels/ tires in their kits. Thankfully, the aftermarket guys were/ are able to fill those voids. The paint is Rustoleum Gloss Emerald Green over Rustoleum gray primer. I photographed it from a low angle on my rear deck in natural sunlight.