Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMC 6

Classicgas

• 2 weeks later...

The old old Rambler American coupe had the ohv six.  I used mine to fake a Ford 226 for a model of my bro's second owner '56 F-100, and boy with a 'Stromberg' type carb and flathead stock air filter, did it look correct!  Even the grooves in the valve cover were closely similar! 

In '63 I made my American into an exhibition racer with the Double Trouble '53 Stude Hemi parts, and the tires and wheels from the Munster Coach.  But I digress...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There are several of us out here in model land that would like to have a 258 or 4.0 inline 6. I have several Jeep kits that are curbs that I would like to fully detail. Just not enough Pacer kits out there to scavenge the engines from. Hoping to keep bringing this up until one of our 3D printing gurus get crackin’.

• 9 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an old topic but I'm currently searching for exactly this. Released yeasterday in 3d file form from Andrey Bezrodny on cults3d and cgtrader is a Jeep XJ. I happened to have one (well, two actually) as a daily driver. It was the last generation, a 98 Cherokee Sport with the 2.5TurboDiesel from italian VM. As it happens, today is the one year anniversary of it ending up on its roof with me and a friend behind the wheel.
The 3d file (currently being printed as I type this) is an early one and I could have wanted a 4.0L six in it🙂