Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005 AMT Cadillac Escalade...

Here is something I am sure I would've never build for myself but it is a future review model for Finescale. Can't give out too many details but pictures I can definitely show. Didn't have a lot of fun putting this one together being that it is an AMT kit but here it goes....

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

e4.jpg

e5.jpg

e6.jpg

• Like 4

Hello Marcos,

Beautiful paint job on the truck.  I am just a little older than you, but new to the modeling scene (or, at least not since I was about 10 years old), and becoming interested in trucks (especially Moebius).  I really liked your recent work on the Moebius F250 4x4 with Fireball kit.  The '58-'65 Chevy Impalas are also favorite cars of mine (were my dad's favorite) that I have purchased.

In the last year or so, I purchased your excellent 2015 article from Modeler Site on obtaining a professional and clean looking model car (Revell '66 Impala).  It looks like some product(s) you used at that time may be obsolete.  Is it possible for me to connect with you by email or phone, to get your advice on contemporary versions of the products in that 2015 article?  Or, perhaps you have changed your mind on some products since then?  It would really be helpful to me.

Thanks so much.

Kind regards,

Bob T

On 8/30/2022 at 2:21 PM, BobT said:

Hello Marcos,

Beautiful paint job on the truck.  I am just a little older than you, but new to the modeling scene (or, at least not since I was about 10 years old), and becoming interested in trucks (especially Moebius).  I really liked your recent work on the Moebius F250 4x4 with Fireball kit.  The '58-'65 Chevy Impalas are also favorite cars of mine (were my dad's favorite) that I have purchased.

In the last year or so, I purchased your excellent 2015 article from Modeler Site on obtaining a professional and clean looking model car (Revell '66 Impala).  It looks like some product(s) you used at that time may be obsolete.  Is it possible for me to connect with you by email or phone, to get your advice on contemporary versions of the products in that 2015 article?  Or, perhaps you have changed your mind on some products since then?  It would really be helpful to me.

Thanks so much.

Kind regards,

Bob T

Thank you my friend. This is an ever changing hobby and I myself like trying new things all the time. Keeps the motivation going. I've pretty much kept the basics like the wet sanding process as a regular routine but have changed a few little things here and there. I also like to try new paints and clears as well as diverse products which means that some methods and habits change but again, the basics are still there. You are welcomed to send me e mails on anything you might need help on, it's the reason why we are here.  (model.master1@gmail.com)

• 3 weeks later...