Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/20 Lotus 79

On 8/25/2022 at 10:27 AM, Rich Chernosky said:

Super nice build of an excellent kit.  We need more F-1 on this forum so thanks for sharing. 

On 8/25/2022 at 1:58 PM, unclescott58 said:

Beautiful. It’s amazing the results one can with Tamiya spray cans. The only paint I use anymore. 

On 8/25/2022 at 5:15 PM, bbowser said:

That is gorgeous!  Great work.

On 8/25/2022 at 6:46 PM, Bainford said:

Gorgeous Lotus! Great paint. That really looks the business. Very nicely done.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:44 PM, DanL said:

amazing paint job from a spray can... I have one of these waiting to be done and I'm going to try using Krylon satin black spray paint. Won't turn out as well as yours but should be pretty good.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:19 AM, Pierre Rivard said:

Wow, this is a beautiful replica of what might be the best looking F1 ride ever!

On 8/27/2022 at 9:21 AM, Nacho Z said:

Stunning livery and iconic car. JPS Lotus is among my favorite liveries. You did a fantastic job on this. She is a beauty!

20 hours ago, ZTony8 said:

Love to use that TS-14 for black cars. Almost as hard to screw up as is primer.

10 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

3 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Fantastic model of this iconic racecar - Mario would be proud!

Thanks everyone! 😀

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely JPS Lotus, shiny black is the ultimate scale model painting test and this one is an A+. The decals look great as well, did these IndyCals come with a black background printed within the gold pin stripe areas as well as behind the gold/ biscuit printing? If so, it looks like it matches perfectly with the Tamiya TS-14 gloss black.

Edited by papajohn97
Addie a missing word
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2022 at 8:51 PM, papajohn97 said:

Lovely JPS Lotus, shiny black is the ultimate scale model painting test and this one is an A+. The decals look great as well, did these IndyCals come with a black background printed within the gold pin stripe areas as well as behind the gold/ biscuit printing? If so, it looks like it matches perfectly with the Tamiya TS-14 gloss black.

Hi John, Thank you! 🙂 Sometimes the conditions for spraying a paint job like this are perfect, this one was such instance 😉

Yes, the decals came with a black background. See the link below:

https://www.indycals.net/decals/f1/78lotus79.html

Michael at IndyCals is makes a great product, and has great customer service!

Cheers

Thanks Spike for the decal feedback. I agree with you on Indycals, they are great to work with and hand-cutting them is no longer as big an issue for me. I’ve got several black JPS Lotus kits still unbuilt and will order these black background IndyCals decals instead of risking use of old Tamiya/Hasegawa kit decals.

• 3 weeks later...