Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Toyota MR-S (aka Toyota MR2 Spider)

galaxyg

Background:

Summer seemed a good time to make another open-top car, the seemingly forgotten (both in real life and in kit form) Toyota MR-S aka Toyota MR2 Spider. For the colour scheme, I've chosen upmarket elegance rather than sports-custom as the theme for the build. Based a lot on a pic I saw online from a motor show.

Pros:

Easy to assemble and the proportions look like an MR-S. Cleanly moulded with little cleanup necessary. Wipers actually conform the the curve of the screen (many kits do not) and everything - including the seats - is solidly mounted. Mostly very nice interior - the main detail is focussed here, fortunately for an open-top car.

Cons:

The moulding of the top of the dashboard is a bit rough. Windscreen doesn't fit perfectly at the top. Overall the model is quite simple.

Verdict:

Cheap, cheerful and fun to build with no stress and a nice result.

Build notes:

Painted in Hycote Audi Dakota Grey with Mr Hobby gloss. The interior is Tamiya AS-22 Dark Earth and semi-gloss black. Wheels changed to Fujimi Speedline COMPE-2 17 inch. To the boxed kit I added a front lip, rear wing, seatbelts and retainers, carpets, front fog lights and a small bottle in the cup-holder between the seats.  Also the front and rear Toyota emblems are Tamiya chrome-y parts, not Fujimi decals.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1