Model Cars Magazine Forum

Suzuki and Triumph

Anglia105E

Here are two recently completed builds. One is the 1:24 scale Hasegawa Suzuki Jimny, which I have built as a 1988 Suzuki SJ413 Samurai that I used to own as a 1:1 vehicle, and the second is a 1:32 scale Airfix Triumph Herald, built from a starter set kit.

The Suzuki Samurai features 3D printed wheels and a scratch built wrap around bullbar. The paint finish is Halfords Honda Milano Red from rattle can, which was applied over Halfords White Primer, and the 3D printed wheels are rims from a Ford Crown Victoria Police car. The bullbar is made from metal wire and brass plate.

Hoping you like these two !

David

100_4563.JPG

100_4590.JPG

100_4607.JPG

100_4620.JPG

100_3639.JPG

100_3650.JPG

• Like 2

20 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Cool, love the herald, my dad had one in a metallic green with a ford v6 when i was a kid. I still know where its remains are buried

Thanks Les . . . Wow !  Metallic Green and a V6 engine !! Why are the remains of the car buried, if you don't mind me asking ?

David

2 hours ago, espo said:

I like the bully bar you created for the Samurai. Always fun to build a model of owned vehicles from the past, and hopefully some pleasant memories came to mind.  

Thanks David . . . Yes, there were pleasant memories attached to that Samurai, for sure. The bull bar was the hardest part of the build.

David

7 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Very cool, I especially like that Jimny/Samurai!

Thanks Bill . . . The Hasegawa kit for the Jimny is really nice to build, and of excellent quality.  The following photo is of the full size vehicle, showing the wheels.

David

Samurai_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Thanks Les . . . Wow !  Metallic Green and a V6 engine !! Why are the remains of the car buried, if you don't mind me asking ?

David

im the mid 80s it cost a lot of money to scrap cars on the islands. so we buried them along a bit of shore that was eroding. you wouldn't be allowed to do it now but theres 2 mk1 transits, multiple mk1 + 2 fiestas, a hillman avenger in blue with a fetching white vinyl roof, a destroyed chevette hs,a moggy minor van, 3 mini 900s, 2 landrovers and the herald. other people were doing the same but that was the contents of my garden growing up. flowers? pah!

12 hours ago, stitchdup said:

im the mid 80s it cost a lot of money to scrap cars on the islands. so we buried them along a bit of shore that was eroding. you wouldn't be allowed to do it now but theres 2 mk1 transits, multiple mk1 + 2 fiestas, a hillman avenger in blue with a fetching white vinyl roof, a destroyed chevette hs,a moggy minor van, 3 mini 900s, 2 landrovers and the herald. other people were doing the same but that was the contents of my garden growing up. flowers? pah!

Oh I see, thank you . . . Presumably if the shore is eroding, as all shores do, the remains of old vehicles will be washed out to sea eventually . . .

David