Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Eldorado

Perspective Customs

That turned out very pretty and I like the rub strip on the mid body section. I picked up one of these earlier this year that I plan to paint, foil and noticed the molded in rub strip would be a challenge to detail since it's so narrow. I plan on using a similar strip of styrene as in your excellent example. 

Edited by AMT68

On 8/30/2022 at 8:53 AM, fordf-100 said:

Looks great! Nice touch with the color matching hubcaps!

Thanks Phillip. i believe color matched hubcaps was one of the many options back then.

On 8/30/2022 at 2:30 PM, AMT68 said:

That turned out very pretty and I like the rub strip on the mid body section. I picked up one of these earlier this year that I plan to paint, foil and noticed the molded in rub strip would be a challenge to detail since it's so narrow. I plan on using a similar strip of styrene as in your excellent example. 

Thanks Tom. The side molding is actually painted. I'm trying to figure out a way to have the chrome strip surround the moldings. Just seems like a lot of work 😏.

On 8/31/2022 at 7:51 PM, Jeffcad said:

Very nice Cadillac, love the color!

Thank you. The Galloway Green Firemist was a request. It was nowhere on my radar and now I want to paint everything that color. It seems to bring out the elegant lines of the car. I have a '61 Fleetwood that I might use it on even though it wasn't available in '61.

Thanks everyone