Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reher-Morrison Firebird

fireguy14

My last completuon, finished up last year. Found the decals on Slixx, and this was my first build using them. Had an issue with the first set, all my fault, so bought a second. Ran into trouble with the red area, and they sent me another. Ended up masking and painting red area around scoop. Wheels, rear tires, steering wheel, and disc brakes are from Futuraattractions. They look awesome! Tried to do studs so wheels could come off, but did not work. And decided last minute to add plug wires, so not my best effort. Really happy with this one for sure. But was a lot more work than I anticipated! Thanks for checking it out. 

D0B36462-DE43-4824-B057-62CFEEF6AB94.jpeg

12438C9A-15C9-4B44-927E-908C0C926FC8.jpeg

B6A255AC-C76B-44F9-A52B-A99E619D4845.jpeg

6B736E2C-A332-4548-9631-CFB3A90ACDFF.jpeg

71A926BD-DFB4-4EE2-87ED-8AFE7EB31099.jpeg

8E034D28-1A07-4082-97A8-1DDF5D56C510.jpeg

Edited by fireguy14
Misspelling of topic
  • Like 1

• fireguy14 changed the title to Reher-Morrison Firebird
1 minute ago, TransAmMike said:

Ha, TransAmMikey likes it😂  Gotta get one of the versions of that kit!!    Great job David👌

Thank ya Mike! If you build one, the red on the tail should be shaped just a bit different than mine. Sides are less angled going by decals. The few pics I found of the real car looked more angled to me. Ended up using 2 or 3 sets of the stripe, cut apart, then coaxed into position to match my paintwork. 

Ha

1 hour ago, fireguy14 said:

Thank ya Mike! If you build one, the red on the tail should be shaped just a bit different than mine. Sides are less angled going by decals. The few pics I found of the real car looked more angled to me. Ended up using 2 or 3 sets of the stripe, cut apart, then coaxed into position to match my paintwork. 

Ha, did a search for the model and evidently very few available and wow, the price...too rich for my old pocketbook😂

51 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Ha

Ha, did a search for the model and evidently very few available and wow, the price...too rich for my old pocketbook😂

Yep. I lucked into finding a listing on Market Place. Guy was getting out of hard bod slot car drag racing. Got 4 kitts altogether. 

• 4 weeks later...