Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question for the experts

Are any of y'all familiar with Mr Norm's ghost charger funny car kit? I have a guy trying to sell me one for a large sum of money as he says it's very rare because the body is molded and clear red. I've only seen those with the body in plain clear. Anybody know if they actually made any molding and clear red?

Both the Charger and Barracuda were molded in clear and clear red.  The box bottom had a small opening towards one corner so you could look inside and see if it was a red clear one.  The red clear ones were a small percentage of total production.  I've got one of the Barracudas.  No idea what someone would or should expect to pay for one now.

In these kits, the interior "tin" parts were also molded in clear red.  Having to see through two or three layers of clear red won't make the engine too visible.  I think I found a set of interior parts in non-tinted clear.

If you have a clear body kit, you might think about just painting it with a candy color instead of laying out the bucks for the clear red body kit...

3 hours ago, Mark said:

In these kits, the interior "tin" parts were also molded in clear red.  Having to see through two or three layers of clear red won't make the engine too visible.  I think I found a set of interior parts in non-tinted clear.

If you have a clear body kit, you might think about just painting it with a candy color instead of laying out the bucks for the clear red body kit...

Thanks for replying. I actually want one with the clear body not the red clear