Model Cars Magazine Forum

Salvinos JR 1/25 Tour Type Modified

I would imagine so as far as aftermarket updates to capture some of the variations in roof and window cutout. The box art cars show two different roofs and two different noses and while nothing has been shown as far as the finished plastic I wouldn't imagine that Salvinos is going to go to those lengths to capture such subtle things.

More critically, I am hoping that it won't be long before we get some New England schemes in decal form for these kits. I know I'd be inclined to build Jon McKennedy's car.  May be an image of car

I would think, that much like the old MPC Modified's, that one tree of Air Cleaners, Bumpers, Nerf Bars & Hoods, could cater to any differences in cars, as long as the Body Shell stayed the same. And like the MPC Kits, different body shells could be used, giving many variants.

From a tooling & kit engineering stand point, these will be some fascinating kits to see.  I really look forward to seeing them.

Do these cars race both Dirt Track and Pavement?

16 hours ago, stavanzer said:

I would think, that much like the old MPC Modified's, that one tree of Air Cleaners, Bumpers, Nerf Bars & Hoods, could cater to any differences in cars, as long as the Body Shell stayed the same. And like the MPC Kits, different body shells could be used, giving many variants.

From a tooling & kit engineering stand point, these will be some fascinating kits to see.  I really look forward to seeing them.

Do these cars race both Dirt Track and Pavement?

These cars are dedicated pavement cars. Salvinos already had said they were taking a very "general" approach with the chassis as opposed to reflecting small variations between various chassis suppliers (Troyer vs LFR and so on) so I would imagine they'll offer small variations but nothing too radical as the cars in a field of Tour modifieds are all quite similar to each other. IMCA style modifieds (sometimes called economy modifieds or e-mods) run dirt or asphalt and have a bit more variation between each other, but even in those cases dirt and asphalt cars have become quite specialized in terms of chassis and bodywork. 

As far as the dirt side of things, I would absolutely LOVE a kit of a modern big block dirt modified but I realize that's even more niche than an asphalt Tour modified. Oswego Speedway Ready for Super DIRT Week Transformation on Monday

• Like 1

• 2 months later...