Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa Nov/Dec Releases

niteowl7710

• niteowl7710 changed the title to Hasegawa Nov/Dec Releases
3 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

Some very cool releases there. Naturally the new Toyota 91C-V is awesome but I think I'm actually most excited by the 2000GT-X model Skyline given how sweet the GT-R version of that kit is.

Yeah I was hoping this would be the direction they'd go when the announced the 73 GT-R...given how few of those actually got made. If they really plumbed the depths of the C110s and made a sedan body I could dispose of several dubious Aoshima kits.

I am presently surprised that Hasegawa tooled up a new body for the Skyline GT-X instead of just providing inserts for the rear wheel openings.  I guess we can see more Kenmary variations down the line.

I also think we will see the prototype race car soon, probably early next year release.

I like the early Honda Civic and the Mister Two. But since I don't see any illustrations for the parts, I'm going to assume they have no engine details. 

I have had a hankering for some stock 70s U.S. spec imports, but it seems like they tend to "tune-up" them far away from stock configuration and I can't stand the cambered out, rivet flared, boy-racer look that they keep releasing them as.

Same goes with the various mini truck kits they make. Would it kill them to produce some of them in stock form?

Problem is, many of the cool American spec Japanese cars were once issued - in 1/20th scale! Won't fit in with my collection.

I've got an old built up Entex Mazda RX2. Cool car, has the rotary and stock steel-type rims. Still in a box waiting to be restored. If it had been 1/24, it would have already been done.

50 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I like the early Honda Civic and the Mister Two. But since I don't see any illustrations for the parts, I'm going to assume they have no engine details. 

I have had a hankering for some stock 70s U.S. spec imports, but it seems like they tend to "tune-up" them far away from stock configuration and I can't stand the cambered out, rivet flared, boy-racer look that they keep releasing them as.

Same goes with the various mini truck kits they make. Would it kill them to produce some of them in stock form?

Problem is, many of the cool American spec Japanese cars were once issued - in 1/20th scale! Won't fit in with my collection.

I've got an old built up Entex Mazda RX2. Cool car, has the rotary and stock steel-type rims. Still in a box waiting to be restored. If it had been 1/24, it would have already been done.

Almost all of the kits Hasegawa does are factory stock variants, with the one '72 Celica they do as a "race look" bubble fender release being the outlier. The MR-2 and Civic are existing kits, this time around the Civic gets new decals for the 50th Anniversary Edition, and the MR-2 a new MOMO Leather Steering wheel to replicate one of the "Final Edition" cars that was a 300 unit run all painted the white/gold two tone of the illustration, it should have new decals as well.

The Civic is a straight curbside, the MR-2 has a little top half engine insert with separate intake parts for the option between N.A. and Turbo engines. 

Some interesting stuff of late.  I'd like to grab that MR2 (reissue, right?) and the Supra.

I've picked up the recently tooled RX-7 SACC (First generation).  In the box it looks like a great kit.  I hope they release an FB version (the last few years of the first generation).

Mazda Savanna RX-7 (SA22C), Hasegawa 21143 (2021)

Boxart Mazda Savanna RX-7 (SA22C) 21146 Hasegawa

This most recent version ("Late Version") has the correct lower front valance, so I'm holding out hope. :)
Boxart Mazda Savanna RX-7 (SA22C) Late Version Turbo GT (1983) 21152 Hasegawa

My goal is to build this, just need the later (RHD, Updated) interior:
Picture

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Some interesting stuff of late.  I'd like to grab that MR2 (reissue, right?) and the Supra.

I've picked up the recently tooled RX-7 SACC (First generation).  In the box it looks like a great kit.  I hope they release an FB version (the last few years of the first generation).

Mazda Savanna RX-7 (SA22C), Hasegawa 21143 (2021)

Boxart Mazda Savanna RX-7 (SA22C) 21146 Hasegawa

This most recent version ("Late Version") has the correct lower front valance, so I'm holding out hope. :)
Boxart Mazda Savanna RX-7 (SA22C) Late Version Turbo GT (1983) 21152 Hasegawa

My goal is to build this, just need the later (RHD, Updated) interior:
Picture

Yes this MR-2 would be the 3rd kit in that series, the Supra will be the 5th street kit (there are 3 racing kits as well). Next RX-7 is the 2nd place (GTU Class) 24hrs of Daytona team car to the kit you pictured. I'm not sure anyone has ever done the 2nd place car even though the livery is basicly identical, just different colored stripes. I suspect there are several more kits in that series as the "Late" body also has all of the thinned down "Cut Here" areas you have to remove to build the race version. That late body style RX-7 was used quite a bit in Australian Touring (Bathurst) and not having to kit bash together a couple of them (and modify a RHD racing dash - as the Daytona cars were LHD) would be most welcome to use the couple sets of decals I have.

• 5 weeks later...