Model Cars Magazine Forum

Olson Brothers Resin

Hi, guys. This is my first post and I'm hoping I put it in the correct place. Question. Has anyone had any dealings with Olson Brothers? I placed an order and paid for it on 6/25. On 7/11 I received an email stating my order was in 'Processing'. On 8/14 I sent him an email just making sure my order didn't get misplaced as I imagine they're pretty busy. No response. A second email of the same nature on 8/30. Still no response. If this is normal, I'll sit and wait as their product looks to be incredible. But PayPal has a time limit as to not being able to address this through them. Any info from the Forum would be great. 

I have ordered multiple times from Olson Bros and they do have great product. That said, some of the orders took a bit longer as they had health issues and supply issues getting resin which caused delays. Like many other resin companies, they have families, jobs and lives that sometimes slow them down. I always got my stuff, sometimes took awhile to arrive, but have always been pleased and got what I ordered.

I believe one of them is a member here- Gluhead- so you might try sending him a PM to see if he can update you.

I have an order in with them also. After a month, I emailed them with an inquiry about the status of my order. I received a reply from Chris Olson saying they had a family matter that I will not disclose, but I can understand the delay. I hope they can soon fill orders again, I can't wait to finish my project.

Jeff

9 hours ago, Dale361 said:

That makes sense. Hope things work out. Looks like something similar happened at Scenes Unlimited. Hope to see these jewels back at their crafts soon. 

Danny at Scenes Unlimited has had some health issues he has to deal with. He vows to get back to casting again when he is recovered and I don't doubt him.

• 1 month later...

Would just like to say.... Received items from Texas 3D Customs and Fireball Modelworks. HOLY COW are these guys good! Thier product is well worth the price! I found a couple items that I had from Scenes Unlimited, and they are incredible as well. So, had to put an order in with them. These guys are priceless for what they offer our hobby. Thanks a bunch, you guys! 

Still holding out hope for Olson Brothers. I wish him well. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 8:29 AM, Dale361 said:

Would just like to say.... Received items from Texas 3D Customs and Fireball Modelworks. HOLY COW are these guys good! Thier product is well worth the price! I found a couple items that I had from Scenes Unlimited, and they are incredible as well. So, had to put an order in with them. These guys are priceless for what they offer our hobby. Thanks a bunch, you guys! 

Still holding out hope for Olson Brothers. I wish him well. 

I wish Mr. Olson well, also.   Sounds like he's been through a real rough patch of late.  But, you do think he'd update his website and Facebook page to indicate that either he's not taking orders or is behind or whatever.  Or give the information to someone he trusts and have them do it for him.   I gave up on my order and asked PayPal to start the refund process.  We'll see how that goes.

As to Fireball Modelworks - incredible pieces and great pricing!  5 Stars! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I came back to this thread hopeful that there was some good news on the horizon. I sent off 2 emails to Chris, but have not heard anything back in week. I hope he is doing OK. As mentioned, I wish he would give us an update somehow. I can't wait for the Scout parts I've ordered.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 9:38 PM, BuilderX said:

you will get your stuff 

(Normal turnaround time is 2-3 weeks, but it can get longer. If it says something different than that below, then please go by that - I'll do my best to keep it updated and current.) off of  thier  website

I gave up and requested a refund from PayPal.  I feel bad for the guy, but it's pretty easy to update a website to say "I'm temporarily unable to take orders" or whatever.  I placed my order and then got no reply from his email address, I tried reaching out via facebook (he has items listed there, too) and still didn't hear anything.  After contacting his brother through messaging on this site, he did tell me that he's been going through a bad patch - and I hate to hear that.  But, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting parts anytime soon.   I do hope things turn around for him, but if you have the capability to build a website, you can just as easily put up some boilerplate that states orders are not being processed or whatever.  Communication goes a long ways ....

Edited by Jonathan
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Any updates on the Olson Bros?  Sure would like to grab some of the Scout II parts ...

14 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Same here. i need more of the winch bumpers but am afraid to through more money down the toilet. 🚽

Might have some extra scout parts, pm me for what you are looking for.

Well, no Christmas Surprise. What do you guys think? I just took an order at Olson Brothers to the point where PayPal gives you the confirm button. I didn't. Just wanted to see if he's accepting orders. Looks like he is. Is ANYONE getting their orders processed? Been over 6 months since my credit card was charged and days shy of 6 months since my order status changed to 'Processing'. I know some of you guys know him, and others have had a good relationship with him. That's where I'd like to be. But $107.50 is $107.50. And I'd really like to have the items! They look great. I try to not go overboard on things, (don't tell my wife I said that!), but DANG! I just don't want others to fall into this same situation. Would one of you guys that know him reach out to him and find out what's going on? Thanks, Dale

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...