Model Cars Magazine Forum

New guy in Tennessee

Hello all. I am happy to have found this forum. I'm recently sort of retired and have decided to get back into models. I built many years ago when I was a youngster, and then a few when in my thirties. My first kit was an AMT 1958 Edsel hardtop, which I believe I still have somewhere around here. It's amazing that it survived as my brother and I had demolition derbies and destroyed most of the others. I think only the Edsel and a 1961 Valiant survived the carnage. Dumbness of youth!

For 27 years, I was the managing editor of Ol' Skool Rodz and Car Kulture DeLuxe magazines (we sold the mags three years ago). I'm mostly interested in building custom cars. I've picked up an AMT '65 Bonneville hardtop as my first custom build, though I may build a couple of other stockers just to get back in the groove.

Edited by decotriumph

5 hours ago, EngineerBob said:

Welcome back to the hobby. We can use more old-school kustoms on here!

I have some ideas, but I need to acquire some kits and polish my skills a bit first. Winter's coming, and my wife just gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby, so the games are about to begin!

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2022 at 6:37 AM, Zippi said:

Welcome back to model building Alan.  Your like a lot of us fellows on this forum, got back into model building once we retired.  

Speak for yourself I've got about 30yrs to go before I can retire... unless I fall into a dumpster full of money 🤣

On 9/5/2022 at 11:26 AM, decotriumph said:

Hello all. I am happy to have found this forum. I'm recently sort of retired and have decided to get back into models. I built many years ago when I was a youngster, and then a few when in my thirties. My first kit was an AMT 1958 Edsel hardtop, which I believe I still have somewhere around here. It's amazing that it survived as my brother and I had demolition derbies and destroyed most of the others. I think only the Edsel and a 1961 Valiant survived the carnage. Dumbness of youth!

For 27 years, I was the managing editor of Ol' Skool Rodz and Car Kulture DeLuxe magazines (we sold the mags three years ago). I'm mostly interested in building custom cars. I've picked up an AMT '65 Bonneville hardtop as my first custom build, though I may build a couple of other stockers just to get back in the groove.

Welcome Alan, also a Tennessean just outside knoxville. I just returned to the forum/hobby myself from a 2yr hiatus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...