Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell: Audi RS e-tron GT

Luc Janssens

Given that this is the same platform as the Taycan...so much so it's a Taycan with an Audi styling, I wonder if they'll consider the Porsche if this sells well enough. Will modelers actually buy an EV? I mean besides threatening to cut up a curbside model just to put some sort of GAAAAAASSS MOOOOTAAAR into it.

• Haha 2

FWIW, there appear to be 1/24 scale diecast Teslas, even the tractor trailer truck.  (That one is very expensive, however.)  There also appear to be Hummer EVs in that scale range as well.

Matchbox also did a Walker delivery truck in their smallish-scale Models Of Yesteryear line a while back.  There is also a range of modern EVs in the current Matchbox 1/64-ish line.

Getting back to the Audi, the impending model release was announced here some time ago, though I am not familiar with the car itself.

10 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

FWIW, there appear to be 1/24 scale diecast Teslas, even the tractor trailer truck.  (That one is very expensive, however.)  There also appear to be Hummer EVs in that scale range as well.

Matchbox also did a Walker delivery truck in their smallish-scale Models Of Yesteryear line a while back.  There is also a range of modern EVs in the current Matchbox 1/64-ish line.

Getting back to the Audi, the impending model release was announced here some time ago, though I am not familiar with the car itself.

RS e-Tron GT has two electric motors giving it AWD, has (equivalent) 590HP, with the ability to boost it in spurts to 637HP. 0-60 in 3.3 Seconds, Top Speed of the German Magic 155.  Edmunds found it to have a 273 mile range, which exceeds the EPA Guidelines by about 40 miles. It's a sedan on a coupe profile - which is sort of what every Executive Class car looks like these days, being an Executive Class (Size) it's the same overall size as an E-Class or 5 Series. Or if you wanted to stay in the Audi family and get a gas car, you'd buy an Audi A7 RS which is a hybrid with a Twin Turbo V-8, but it's a couple of ticks slower to 60 and doesn't have the ability to boost out the extra 40 HP.  If anything the e-Tron has just a little extra bit of aggressive styling lines than a regular A7 RS, which I suppose has something to do with the RS A7 being a fast Executive car that has to sell to stodgy Germans in it's normal, less sporty iterations. 

20 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Yes, although I'm pretty sure they're considering the 442 to be a "new" kit as well, as RevellAG never sold a Euro-boxed version of any of the Convertible kits.

Big disappointment compared to recent years then. Good thing Revell USA make up for it with plenty of reissues I am interested in.