Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell: Audi RS e-tron GT

Luc Janssens

I am really surprised at the positive interest in this kit. Its not my thing, but I think it is great that they are making it. Everyone here seems to be into the classic stuff, maybe stuff like this will spark interest in the younger crowd. Either way, I am glad they are making it, even if I never buy one. 

1 hour ago, Oldmopars said:

I am really surprised at the positive interest in this kit. Its not my thing, but I think it is great that they are making it. Everyone here seems to be into the classic stuff, maybe stuff like this will spark interest in the younger crowd. Either way, I am glad they are making it, even if I never buy one. 

for me I'll be buying at least 5 of them. 1 for my vw group collection, one to correct the interior in my alpha audi rs4 (£160 quid and they didn't even get the interior right on it, they did a basic a6 interior and this has the right interior), one to slam and one to do a petrol audi a8 which should just mean knocking some of the edges back a bit.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Not at all, Its like $20US cheaper for you than for us.

That’s surprising. I was tempted to get 2. I’ve also ordered Tamiya TS49 bright red. Although maybe I go Nardo grey. I’ve got an Audi Quattro that is going to be red.

Ben

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 5:21 PM, Oldmopars said:

I hope this 4 door will cause some interest in some of the other modern 4 door cars. There are a couple I'd really like to see, like maybe a Kia Stinger GT, or their K-5. This would be even better if they are planning on issuing one of the SUV/Wagon style bodies too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bennyg said:

That’s surprising. I was tempted to get 2. I’ve also ordered Tamiya TS49 bright red. Although maybe I go Nardo grey. I’ve got an Audi Quattro that is going to be red.

Ben

After seeing the Coral I'm thinking of going one of a couple of different ways to get a custom color that would be really close, but still different. Tamiya metallic orange with a transparent orange/amber mid coat and clear top coat or HOK sunset orange, with a clear top coat, and last but not the least favorite would be a Createx gold powder with transparent red as a carrier and a HOK Kandy Persimmon mid coat and a clear top coat.

• Like 1