Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell: Audi RS e-tron GT

Luc Janssens

49 minutes ago, horsepower said:

I hope this 4 door will cause some interest in some of the other modern 4 door cars. There are a couple I'd really like to see, like maybe a Kia Stinger GT, or their K-5. This would be even better if they are planning on issuing one of the SUV/Wagon style bodies too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see accademy do one of the kias in the near future.

10 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

I'd love a Stinger given I have one in my driveway, but also given that the Stinger ceases production in a few months I doubt even Academy will kit one.

they did the 80s hyundai pony, nothing would surprise me with them after that

11 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

they did the 80s hyundai pony, nothing would surprise me with them after that

The Pony (it's a 1975) was Hyundai's first native design and manufactured car, prior to that they were selling rebadged Ford Cortinas. So it's a historically significant automobile to them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bennyg said:

That’s surprising. I was tempted to get 2. I’ve also ordered Tamiya TS49 bright red. Although maybe I go Nardo grey. I’ve got an Audi Quattro that is going to be red.

Ben

That grey is pretty nice, it was one of the colors I was considering.

Edited by martinfan5
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sfhess said:

Wow.  This thread has a whole different tone from the one about the Ford electric thing that people don't like the name of.

this car hasn't taken a name with outstanding pedigree and turned it into a bland econobox. ford should have stuck with focus or come up with something new. also this is pretty good looking for a modern car

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 7:19 PM, iamsuperdan said:

I will be picking one up for sure. And the aftermarket is going to love this kit. Lowering, wheel upgrades. Cannot wait to see what people do with this one. 

And I am fully expecting to see some creative types slapping big engines into this for funsies.

a1.JPG

a2.JPG

a3.JPG

I agree, it looks pretty good. I just ordered one online from the UK. I'm already looking for wheels as the "stock" ones are awful looking. 

Those OZ front wheels on the first pic might be a winner and I have the files for them already to 3D print. 

On 10/2/2022 at 5:09 PM, stitchdup said:

this car hasn't taken a name with outstanding pedigree and turned it into a bland econobox. ford should have stuck with focus or come up with something new. also this is pretty good looking for a modern car

Hit the nail on the head. As a lifelong Ford guy, I was mfffdd that they used the "Mustang" badging on the Mach E. Mach E would have been fine, or something more catchy as it's not even really a car it looks more like a crossover suv than a sedan. Mustang should have been left for the Pony car, name the EV something else. 

• Like 1

True all that, but another way to look at it might be that the Mach E isn't near the betrayal of concept the '74 - '78 II was.  At least the Mach E performs, and if it's gotta be an SUV, it could look worse.  That gussied-up Pinto didn't even look like the front and rear halves were designed by the same committee.

12 hours ago, Bennyg said:

I’ve got mine today. Not too many sink marks on the body. Way better than the 1/16 Porsche 356 and 1/24 Porsche Panamera in quality. Cheers.

Ben

2455FA01-D0CE-44AC-81AD-21DC41C0FFE9.thumb.jpeg.e617ff5efed740e65f9e87ea22bb7222.jpeg

I just got an other Panamera (was in the big box set with the 918) and it's actually pretty good, I don't see any sink marks so either they fixed molds or there was bad QC in the first batch, cause my first one definitely had sink marks. 

Hoping my Etron makes it here this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keyser said:

You can still get those Cal plates, as well as gold on black or gold on blue. I always liked those plates. Looks like nice kit. 

"DMV.CA.GOV" has appeared on the bottom of that style plate for quite a few years now. No worries, I can print my own and usually do. My biggest gripe is when model companies put the renewal stickers on both CA plates.

That said, I was a little annoyed with the swirls, etc. in the example that Chris showed. Dear Revell: Mold these bodies in white so experienced modelers can choose our color, or do a better job of molding colors without swirls so a first-time modeler can throw one of these together without it looking like a cheap toy. Your choice. And I too hate the wheels, but that is what Audi is putting on the cars with the ceramic brake package.

Yeah, I think I will get one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keyser said:

You can still get those Cal plates, as well as gold on black or gold on blue. I always liked those plates. Looks like nice kit. 

Not the style, the number series.  Plates with a leading "3" are from early 90's.  Current standard issue plates begin with "9".   

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure what colour to go with. The options:

1. bright red

2. gloss grey

3. light gunmetal grey

The grey and gunmetal would definitely cover the molded colour easier. But I love the bright red. I don’t mind all the colours. I’m going with the black pack (black grill, black badges).

Ben

15 minutes ago, Bennyg said:

I’m not sure what colour to go with. The options:

1. bright red

2. gloss grey

3. light gunmetal grey

The grey and gunmetal would definitely cover the molded colour easier. But I love the bright red. I don’t mind all the colours. I’m going with the black pack (black grill, black badges).

Ben

I'm going with something  like this, not exactly, but very close.

ps-sattlerei-porsche-panamera-interior-18.jpg

• Like 1