Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Tires?

Does anyone know how to contact Modelhaus Tires? On August 30 or so I ordered 3 sets of tires. I haven't received any communications saying they've received my order, shipping info or anything. The Contact page on the site says, "

We couldn't find the page you were looking for. This is either because:

• There is an error in the URL entered into your web browser. Please check the URL and try again.
  • The page you are looking for has been moved or deleted.

You can return to our homepage by clicking here, or you can try searching for the content you are seeking by clicking here.

Are they still in business?

The only page that's functional on the Modelhaus Tires site is the Collection page, the home page that the site defaults to when you first go to https://www.modelhaustires.com/ . The Contact page, along with the  About, Stockists and Journal pages have never been operational ever since the site was started. But my orders have always been confirmed, usually within minutes of placing them. If you haven't received a confirmation then you'll need a contact email. Unfortunately I don't have one because I've never needed to reach out to them with a problem or question. My orders have usually been filled within 3-9 days of confirmation. Perhaps someone here on the board knows a contact email for them. I currently have an order with them that was confirmed on September 3rd. I'll post on this thread when I receive a shipping notification.

Hold everything! My apologies to Modelhaus. I just sifted through my emails again and there was my order confirmation. I'm not sure how I missed it the last 2 times I looked for it. What an idiot 😐.

I've ordered from Modelhaus before with no issues so I was concerned when I thought I hadn't received a confirmation. My bad. Modelhaus is great. Now I'll order those wheel backs I need.

Thanks Mike and Bernard. Sorry for wasting your time.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:03 PM, Bernard Kron said:

The only page that's functional on the Modelhaus Tires site is the Collection page, the home page that the site defaults to when you first go to https://www.modelhaustires.com/ . ... my orders have always been confirmed, usually within minutes of placing them. ... My orders have usually been filled within 3-9 days of confirmation.  ... I currently have an order with them that was confirmed on September 3rd. I'll post on this thread when I receive a shipping notification.

I just received confirmation of shipment. They say expect arrival no later than September 13th. 10 days from order will be just fine with me.

Edited by Bernard Kron

5 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

I just received confirmation of shipment. They say expect arrival no later than September 13th. 10 days from order will be just fine with me.

Received my shipping confirmation today. ETA is 9/12. 13 days from order to delivery is not bad. I wonder if they make the tires when they receive an order or do they have them in stock. In any case if you're looking for quality old school tires check them out.

8 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Are all their tires 1/25 or 1/24? They don't give you much information on the site.

Many of them are copies of tires from model kits, with many of them being 1/25th scale. That being said, is there a particular tire you are looking at? I may have it and can measure for you.

3 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Are all their tires 1/25 or 1/24? They don't give you much information on the site.

Modelhaus tires are generally proportioned to fit the o.d. of AMT 1/25th scale wheels. The wheels theysell are all to that size. There are some exceptions such as the 18" wheel 640 series (640, 647, 640 Plus, 647 Plus), and specialty tires called out for other manufacturers such as the 271 for the Revell 50 Olds kits, the 303 for Revell promos, the 400 Monogram '59 Cadillac tires, etc.

4 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Well, I ordered a set of these for the rears on the Baja bug. For the fronts I'm going with the Firestones from the AMT, F-150 Kit. I'm assuming the goodyears are 1/25. so I'm trying to zero in on what wheels I will fit.

710 — Modelhaus Tires

I have those tires, they measure approximately .680 in rim diameter, 1.25 in height.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Well, I ordered a set of these for the rears on the Baja bug. For the fronts I'm going with the Firestones from the AMT, F-150 Kit. I'm assuming the goodyears are 1/25. so I'm trying to zero in on what wheels I will fit.

710 — Modelhaus Tires

Those are made from the OG Jeep “Swamp Buggy” CJ2a kit. The bulk of tire was a hard plastic 2-pc slick x4. Tread was separate soft vinyl you were supposed to glue on as tread. Didn’t work for squat. I don’t remember these in anything else. I got the Modelhaus ones ages ago. Look great. MPC centers fit as do AMT. 

58388B90-1F9C-4D5C-8009-19924C84F284.jpeg

Edited by keyser
Pic

• 2 months later...