Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italdesign NAZCA M12 concept 1991

caapa

Italdesign Nazca M12 Concept 1991

Italdesign has always been known for supercar designs seemingly too far ahead of its own time. It is sure true for the debut creation of Fabrizio Giugiaro – son of the designhouse founder Giorgetto  -  only 26 years old when he conjured up the breathtaking form of this stunning prototype, the Nazca M12.  The car has under its carbon-fiber body the 300 hp 5 litre 12-cylinder engine from BMW.  Unfortunately seemed  BMW didn’t want to go through an another hassle like the M1, so the M12  or the succeeder C2 never reached regular production.

The model is built from the Revel  1:24 kit Skill Level 3. Well, it was  not a simple work but some quality flaws made some vaguenesses.  For example the square positioning holes were too great to the pins and so it was immpossible to connect safely correct.

Enjoy the pictures. Some detail photo will follow.

01 IMG_9123.jpg

02 IMG_9132.jpg

04 IMG_9126.jpg

05 IMG_9131.jpg

06 IMG_9125.jpg

07 IMG_9128.jpg

08 IMG_9127.jpg

09 IMG_9129.jpg

10 IMG_9133..jpg

11 IMG_9134.jpg

12 IMG_9135.jpg

13 IMG_9137.jpg

14 IMG_9138.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Very nice. I have never seen this model built, and I quite like it now that I've seen it from all angles. You did a good job getting it all together. Looks like some unusually bad panel fitment from Revell on this one. I think they intended this one to be displayed "opened up" with everything inside on display. I may have to find one of these for myself!

18 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Very nice. I have never seen this model built, and I quite like it now that I've seen it from all angles. You did a good job getting it all together. Looks like some unusually bad panel fitment from Revell on this one. I think they intended this one to be displayed "opened up" with everything inside on display. I may have to find one of these for myself!

Hi Rusty,

thank you for the nice comment. The bad panel fitments are mainly my failure but I can`t imagine why: during the dry fitting tests all was much better. But during cementation the panels didn`t go to right position anymore.

I needed to sand a lot from the inside of the upper edge of rear bumper to get functioning the engine hood. There were 2 - 2 pc positioning pins at the front and rear on hood: the two ones in front positioned the hood by holes but the fitment was even wronger. The two at rear had no function - there was no holes for position the rear bumper right. It seemed they were there for glueing the hood closed. So I removed the pins.

• Like 1

I made a few modification beyond opening doors and hood to see on next photos: BMW logos on the wheels and front & rear. steering wheel, BMW kidneys, new headlight group, detailed rearlight with BMF behind, drilled the holes on breakdisks.

Some detail photos:

15 IMG_9142.jpg

16 IMG_9156.jpg

17 IMG_9159.jpg

18 IMG_9155.jpg

19 IMG_9169.jpg

20 IMG_9163.jpg

21 IMG_9162.jpg

22 IMG_9164.jpg

23 IMG_9151.jpg

On 9/10/2022 at 1:08 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Janos!

Great build of a challenging kit. I have one in my stash, and every time I look at it, I end up postponing the build.

Well, now you are pushing me...

CT 

Hi Claude,

thank you for the nice comment. I`m happy you are inspired by my work.  I`m look forward your experince about the quality of kit.