Model Cars Magazine Forum

Morgan Automotive Detail

5 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Has anyone done business with MAD? How was your experience? I ordered from them 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from them. 

Ditto what "Meatman" said James.   The wired distributors are great.  You may have to email Kris a couple times but he has always gotten back to me. And yep, sometimes there is a bit of a delay in getting parts shipped.

On 9/8/2022 at 12:59 PM, TransAmMike said:

What did you order James...if I may ask

Thanks Mike. I ordered distributors and carbs. Wanted to try them out. I have used distributors from Connkur and thought they were good. I then tried making my own, but I don't like how they turn out most of the time. 

I've been buying from MAD for years, but placed my first online order earlier this year. Got a confirmation email right away, and then about 5-6 weeks later I got an email that my items had shipped.

His distributors and magnetos are the only thing I use anymore. Can't beat the realistic look at the price point with no work. Rep+Min makes beautifully cast distributors, but you still have to wire them. MAD's are just as nice, but without the labor.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I've been buying from MAD for years, but placed my first online order earlier this year. Got a confirmation email right away, and then about 5-6 weeks later I got an email that my items had shipped.

His distributors and magnetos are the only thing I use anymore. Can't beat the realistic look at the price point with no work. Rep+Min makes beautifully cast distributors, but you still have to wire them. MAD's are just as nice, but without the labor.

Wow, I'm pretty amazed that people are waiting so long for items.from Kris.   About all my purchases have been distributors and I don't think I've had to wait more than 2 weeks for an order to be shipped.

1 hour ago, TransAmMike said:

Not to take business away from Kris, but I needed MAD wired distributors pretty quickly and ordered the MAD distributors from Spotlight Hobbies. Same price and reasonable shipping. They shipped them the next day after ordering and I got them in just a few days. Great service.

I don't think you took any business away from Kris. Spotlight get them from Kris so he gets paid for them either way.