Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis cadillac 57

happy grumpy

On 9/9/2022 at 6:57 AM, TooOld said:

Oh that looks just beautiful !  You may think it's not your best but considering the origins of that kit you've done a wonderful job !

thanks Bob

On 9/9/2022 at 6:58 AM, Zippi said:

Another Great build Mario.  The Caddy looks super sharp.  

Thanks Bob

On 9/9/2022 at 12:12 PM, Watertown said:

This kit was developed so long ago, in a time when "close" was good enough. Technology and Engineering was much more rudimentary. That said, I actually have come to appreciate these vintage kits for what they represent—a moment in the history of the hobby. They serve as a sort of a living history exhibit. They remind us to be grateful for what we have offered to us today. And, as shown in this example, scale fidelity aside, they make for a beautiful display if time and care are taken. Beautiful build! Made me smile to see one of these built and detailed so well.

thanks Mike. To me, subject mater takes precedence over kit manufacturer we are lucky to have those old kits re issued, warts and all. I am glad it turned out like this,

On 9/9/2022 at 7:03 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Salut Mario!

You made good with a complicated kit, bravo! The paint is very nice. The 1/1 Cads of the era were hardly as shiny...

CT

Merci Claude, I wanted to present it in the best possible light, like a restored car would be.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:32 AM, 1959scudetto said:

Once again you took the utmost out of an old, slightly misproportioned kit, Mario  and made it look perfect - together with your excellent photography - great!

Thanks Helmut for your kind words.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:57 AM, David G. said:

Great job Mario!

It's a difficult kit at best and you've made it look fabulous.

David G.

Thanks David.

On 9/10/2022 at 8:03 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Yours looks better than the box art. Yours is level and on 4 tires.

Thanks Patrick. I sure wasn't easy to put that one together.

20 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Exactly right. Your excellent paint and clean building style goes a long way on kits like this. Well done.

Thanks Rusty, I appreciate it

17 hours ago, ATHU said:

You turned a difficult kit into gold, Looks fantastic!!

Thanks so much Anders

3 hours ago, carrucha said:

Came out nice!

Thanks Hector.

14 hours ago, rsmodels said:

Mario, I think you did a great job on this one! The colors and paint look great as well as everything else. This one and the Futura are not the easiest kits to build and have come out looking this nice. Congratulations!

Thanks Rich, to be honest, when I opened the box, I wasn't sure if I wanted to build this, but the box art inspired me somehow. Judging by all the positive comments from others and yourself, I am glad I built it. 

14 hours ago, Hemifever said:

Very nice build.

Thanks Dennis.

14 hours ago, bbowser said:

Great job!  That's as good as that kit can look, well done.

Thank you Bruce.

• 2 weeks later...