Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960s Iron

dougwintz

Although I like to build rally cars with a lot of decals and interesting livery, I think the hardest thing for me to do is build a box stock model, because everything shows. I keep learning new things, the latest of which is to make sure the surface of the trim is smooth so when you apply foil it gives you a smooth finish. Still trying to do better on that. Attached is the 1966 Mercury Parklane, which had a lot of fitment problems, and the 1961 Pontiac Ventura. 

1 IMG_5648.JPG

2 IMG_5649.JPG

3 IMG_5651.JPG

4 IMG_5657.JPG

5 IMG_E5653.JPG

IMG_E5653.2.JPG

6 IMG_5658.JPG

7 IMG_5659.JPG

8 IMG_5663.JPG

9 IMG_5664.JPG

10 IMG_E5661.JPG

11 IMG_E5662.JPG

IMG_5665.JPG

IMG_5666.JPG

Edited by dougwintz
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, BeakDoc said:

Nice looking builds. Foil job looks pretty dang good to my eye. It can be some tricky stuff to work with. I have to zen myself out and slip between 2 different planes of existence when I tackle a big foil job. 

Slipping between 2 planes of existence sounds like a good idea. For anything!

Great looking colors and cleanly trimmed and detailed looking builds. The Mercury color looks almost the same as a popular Fomoco color of that era. The '61 Pontiac be it a 1:1 or this kit is a favorite and the color looks great as well. I like the Chrysler in youir display cabinet.