Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Peterbilt 378

Finally got this one done after about 3 weeks, and only working on it on the weekends! 

Started with the Italeri Peterbilt 378. Relatively box stock. Opened the driver side door up and detailed the Interior best I could. Swapped out both kit seats, steering wheel, shifter for twin sticks, and added a cb radio. Exterior I added mudflaps I made, 3d printed rear hubs, swan hood ornament, and sleeper whale tail. Also swapped out the kit 5th wheel and platform for AMT parts to look more correct. Finally the decals are custom made, and scroll work/misc decals from various kits. I love how this came out, hope y'all enjoy!

20220910_233738.jpg

20220910_233819.jpg

20220910_233932.jpg

20220910_234152.jpg

20220910_234215.jpg

20220910_234036.jpg

20220910_233940.jpg

20220910_233842.jpg

20220910_233824.jpg

• Like 4

Much appreciated everyone!! I'm very pleased with how it came out as well. Even had to repaint it due to an issue with moisture in the air the first time around.

1 hour ago, Doug 1061 said:

Very well done.   I have never built an Italeri kit mostly due to the cost.   But I may have to splurge and pick one up.   And the fact that you did that in 3 weeks is impressive.   I feel like I am doing well to get a truck done in 3 months.

I would highly recommend it. Definitely way better quality than AMT. No flash either. I've found great deals on ebay, and online. All less than $45 bucks a piece. Deals are out there, just need to look !

Wow, she’s a beauty. I love the paint scheme. Very classy. You’ve also chosen wisely with the upgrades, especially the 5th wheel. That goes a long way to improving the kit and making it more realistic. Excellent work on the interior, too. Beautiful, all the way around.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Great looking Pete. Great color choice and I agree, Italeri produces some very fine kits. The tires threads look pretty good. Your experience at building trucks is clearly on display here. Congratulations on a well done job Alex.

Italeri and moebius have some of the best tire treads I think! And thank you! Being a truck nut, and diesel mechanic definitely helps with building these lol

3 hours ago, vincen47 said:

Wow, she’s a beauty. I love the paint scheme. Very classy. You’ve also chosen wisely with the upgrades, especially the 5th wheel. That goes a long way to improving the kit and making it more realistic. Excellent work on the interior, too. Beautiful, all the way around.

Thank you very much! I'll have to keep swapping out the 5th wheels more often, it really does change the look drastically 

Thank you everyone! I'm honored! 

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

Nice looking Big Rig.  Well done.  Completed in 3 weeks.....since I've never build something like this I'd still be checking out the instructions at 3 weeks 😋

As for the instructions, I don't use them at all anymore. I do everything by memory/experience!