Model Cars Magazine Forum

In Honor Of The Fallen

I've built a few emergency response vehicles over the years.  The Dubai Police Audi R8 was built from the Revell Germany kit with Studio27 decals & aftermarket lightbar.  The NOPD Crown Vic was built from a Testors metal body kit and I made up the NOPD decals.  The fire truck was built from a Lindberg 1/32nd scale kit with decals I designed.  It was given to the local fire department as a gift.  While looking online one day I came across a pic of a Lamborghini that a couple had donated to the LAPD for use as a promotional vehicle.  I thought it was neat looking, so I used a Fujimi kit and made up some LAPD decals, I decided to add an aftermarket lightbar because I thought it looked better with one on it.  While on a business trip to Taiwan many years ago, I so the police used several nice cars, and liked the looks of the BMW 5 Series they used.  I took a few pics of the car while at a rest area, and found a Fujimi kit to replicate it.  I found the lightbar in my parts stash, and had to modify some Mercedes Benz rims from a kit to look more like the BMW ones.  Since this was years before I got my Alps printer, I ended up hand drawing the graphics on the door.

DubaiPoliceAudiR801-vi.jpg

NOPDCrownVic3-vi.jpg

FireTruck01-vi.jpg

FireTruck02-vi.jpg

LAPDLambo1-vi.jpg

LAPDLambo2-vi.jpg

TaiwanCopcar01-vi.jpg

Models004-vi.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...