Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone Offer Striping for 1975 Road Runner

I just  received a '75 Road Runner rebuilder from a dear friend and I am hoping to do the car in it's original glory with a factory striping package. I am considering painting it white, red or blue.. I am inclined toward white with gold stripes, but it depends on what ( if anything ) is available. I'm almost tempted to backdate the color to 1969 Seafoam Turquoise.. we'll see where it goes with the striping if it is available... Any suggestions will be appreciated guys - thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, impcon said:

Thanks for the lead Steve.. I appreciate it. I wonder if anyone on this side of the Atlantic produces a similar product? It will be interesting to know..

There's an ebay seller he works with that has some of his decal sets stateside, if he has what you're looking for it saves you on shipping. 

18 hours ago, impcon said:

I'm almost tempted to backdate the color to 1969 Seafoam Turquoise.

I'm sure that a special order (code '999') of Q5 or Q7 could've been fulfilled by Chrysler. 

From what I remember of these 1975 Road Runners (last year of the 'real' R.R., as it was relegated to an option package for 1976-1980), most of them were EW1 white or KY1 yellow.

Thank you - I seem to get the sense that white and yellow were very common.. those cars do look good in  white I will admit. Mopar seemed to be losing their edge with the really unique performance cars around 1975 - or at least it seems that way too me. Most everything after the late 1960's and early '70's was sort of tame compared to the Challengers, 'Cudas, Chargers, etc. No offence meant to people who like the newer years - but nothing was built that compared in MANY respects.. This is only my personal opinion, by the way.

1 hour ago, kelson said:

Pretty sure Keith Marks offers a sheet as well.it's not as extensive as Ray's Kit Decals though.

Thank you for the suggestion.. I may be missing something, but based on what I can find on his Fotki page, he offers hardly any decals compared to what I thought he used to. But I appreciate your input - thank you..