Model Cars Magazine Forum

UPDATE OLD MOTORCYCLE REPAIR SHOP

olmadmodeler

Well this is my first WIP so here we go.

This is the base for a 1/25 1/24 old motorcycle repair shop I am building some of you might have seen.Ā 

Some of the Bikes I put up a while back. The base and walls are wood the brick is a heavy embossed paper type material.

The back wall is balsa wood cut into planks, the lower block wall is a rubber type material used for railroad layouts.

It measures 15ā€ x 8ā€ x 8" tall witch is 14ft in scale like an old building would be, and will have a Plexiglas cover when done. Just got the planks glued in place on the back wall ready to be painted.

Stay tuned.Ā 

bikeshop3.jpg

bikeshop1.jpg

bikeshop2.jpg

Edited by olmadmodeler

Started working on some of the equipment for the shop.

I wanted a shop sink could not find one so I got some parts together and made my own used a wrench for one side, came out pretty good I think. A Battery charger the only thing I did was paint it and replace the top handle, I rusted my Coke Machine.
Put the drill press together I changed the handle on the right I used 3 Pins the original ones were deformed. Made a Parts Washer put it on a old barrel I had. Reworked 2 roll around stools, one I put a cut down the middle on the seat and then painted it to look like wood boards, the other one I replaced the bottom with a Dragster front wheel to be different. Finished my Peg Board just a few more tools to put on it.

sink1.jpg

sink3.jpg

sink2.jpg

batt charger1.jpg

coke1.jpg

drill2.jpg

pwash2.jpg

pwash1.jpg

rollarounds.jpg

bshop7.jpg

• Like 1

Today: Ā  Ā people, a bike, a rat fink stool, some helmets.
Well being the person I am I cannot stand the pre-painted figures, so I had this guy for the shop but he looked bad
So I found this shirt on the net thought it would look cool on him so I re-painted all of him I tried to match the shirt I think he looks a lot better.
I decided to make a Rat Fink stool used a round piece of plastic for the top bent some solid brass for the legs, the center ring is a wheel backing ring, painted them with MOLOTOW
and RF decals for the top and there you go. I had 2 old helmets Painted one like Easy Rider, and another one just white with a few decals on it. Last I threw together a Drag Bike
From parts not great but it will pass I think,Ā as always comments, questions, criticism welcomed.

112504-1.jpeg

shirt model.jpeg

coolman1.jpg

coolman2.jpg

rfstool.jpg

helmets.jpg

dragbike1.jpg

dragbike2.jpg

• Like 1

• olmadmodeler changed the title to UPDATE OLD MOTORCYCLE REPAIR SHOP