Model Cars Magazine Forum

Olson Bros. resin parts - update on Chris

Guys,

I hate to beat a dead horse but Chris has had another setback, this time almost losing a toe due to dropping a dump truck tailgate on his foot. So with all that's going on, he's having a seriously hard time getting your orders fulfilled. I don't think there are many left to do but he assured me that you WILL get your parts if you haven't been refunded or cancelled, it will just take a while longer. 

Again, I am not part of the business or you'd already have your stuff. All I can do is pass on the info to and from. Dealing with our dad's passing and Chris's physical issues have really put him in a bad spot and I suggested that he update his website to let people know he's not taking orders right now. I hope this at least clears up the situation. 

• Like 4

Hope that he heals well! I know from personal experience the pain of dropping something heavy and breaking your toe! I agree that a quick update on the site would help with most of the grumbling, people are more accepting of delays if they know why there is a delay, rather than just hearing silence. I have purchased parts from him in the past and they are very well done, and would like to see him be able to continue expanding his shop once he is able to focus on it again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I ordered some parts several months ago through his website. My friend did the same. We never got anything. No emails, no parts, no responses. Contacted Paypal and got refunds. Several weeks later I get an email saying my parts are ready and that I should pay. Yeah, no thanks. People should not have to wait months (or years) for resin parts. It is why I stopped selling resin. I refused to get behind and make people wait and it was taking too much time away from my personal modeling projects. If he cannot deliver, he should stop taking orders. Simple as that. I have no sympathy for this kind of business practice. 

• Thanks 1

Finally! After 6 months of waiting for parts and not ever arriving I have finally received a refund from PayPal for my purchase from Olson Brothers. I sent several emails, no reply ever received. I even sent a letter to Chris via the mail asking for a refund, no reply. If he can’t handle the workload why doesn’t he cease taking orders until he can get caught up or whatever problems he has? It sure is funny how he keeps taking orders and peoples money but does not deliver products paid for. Joseph Osborn at Fireball Modelworks always comes through; excellent communication, excellent products, excellent prices. Bought several Bronco parts from him and they all arrived in a perfect timely manner.  I hope all you guys can get a refund also, be sure to contact PayPal before your time limit runs out.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I wish I had better news. I've talked with him several times and even offered to bring the printer to my house to get the orders out, he's just in a bad place mentally and physically right now. I wish he hadn't named it "Bros" because my name gets a black mark even though I have no part of the business. I've also offered to update the website with no luck. I also know the resin fumes have affected his eyes and the skin on his hands and he can't look at a computer screen or the TV for more than a few minutes, so he's not printing anything and at some point is considering offering the parts through a printing house like Shapeways. That's the last information I have. 

None of this excuses not responding or refunding orders but I have never seen him like this. I don't even come here much anymore because I know there will be complaints (deservedly) and it hurts to see how he has failed those of you that placed orders. 

Edited by gui_tarzan
  • Sad 1