Model Cars Magazine Forum

2024 Mustang GT, EcoBoost, and Dark Horse

Ford unveiled the new 2024 Mustang Family at an event Wednesday night, and the properties shown there were then moved to the Ford stand at 2022 NAIAS yesterday morning.  I've posted a bunch of images of the Mustangs and many other vehicles in the 1/1 Reference Photos coverage section of the Forum, but here's a photo of each of the new Mustang models from the show floor yesterday....TB 

2024 Mustang GT Convertible: DSC 0525

2024 Mustang EcoBoostCoupe: DSC 0420

2024 Mustang Dark Horse: DSC 0394

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Junkman said:

There's also a Darkhorse R and S-track only (allegedly).  I've got 140K miles on my 2013, I'd better start buttering up SWMBO.  Would sure rather have one of those than the electric version.

At the Mustnag Reveal event (you can watch it on YouTube), they actually said there would be racing versions targeted at GT4, GT3, and the new stock-bodied version of NHRA Pro Stock, plus others.  I recall them saying that there would eventually be 6 different competition versions.... and that the GT3 would compete at the 24 hours of LeMans....

I too had an '13, a GT Convertible six-speed.  Really liked that car!  TB    

On 9/17/2022 at 6:56 AM, tim boyd said:

At the Mustnag Reveal event (you can watch it on YouTube), they actually said there would be racing versions targeted at GT4, GT3, and the new stock-bodied version of NHRA Pro Stock, plus others.  I recall them saying that there would eventually be 6 different competition versions.... and that the GT3 would compete at the 24 hours of LeMans....

I too had an '13, a GT Convertible six-speed.  Really liked that car!  TB    

GT3, GT4, NASCAR, NHRA Spec, Darkhorse II, and Australian Supercars.

GT3 will be replacing LM GTE (and LM GTE Am) as a class in WEC (World Endurance Challenge) in 2024, which the 24hrs of Le Mans is part of along with the 1000km of Sebring and so forth. GT3 Spec replaced GT LeMans (GT LM) this season in IMSA.

2024 is also when the new GT3 Spec Vette is arriving.

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:26 PM, The Junkman said:

There's also a Darkhorse R and S-track only (allegedly).  I've got 140K miles on my 2013, I'd better start buttering up SWMBO.  Would sure rather have one of those than the electric version.

Dark Horse S for the strip.

2024-ford-mustang-racing-factory-x-102-1663251004.jpg

Dark Horse R for roadracing.

2024_ford_mustanggt3_actprf_ns_915221_717.jpg

I don't mind the new dash. Kind of reminds me of the Fox body dash, with the big rectangle sitting on a flat "shelf." Kind of.

Old.

1991_00017_06.jpg

The new EcoBoost dash, two screens.

2024-ford-mustang-base-interior.jpg

The GT dash. One big screen.

ford-mustang-2023.jpg

The digital Fox body graphic is cool though. Would totally use that one.

2024-ford-mustang-fox-body-digital-gauges.jpg

• Like 1

Not digging the interior, the iPads hot-glued to the dashboard are an automotive fad that needs to go away. Buttons and knobs are safer and easier to find while driving. Screen displays wash out in bright sunlight (not good in, you know, a convertible). The sweet spot has already been hit with a simple touchscreen in the center of the dash to access the settings you don't need on a regular basis and physical controls for everything else. Unfortunately, the need to keep up with the latest trends tends to overrule common sense.

• Like 1