Model Cars Magazine Forum

Velocity stacks

Jiml0001

Found a great replacement for velocity stacks. Google “bootlace ferrules” and you can get a box with an assortment of sizes.  I paid $11 for this assortment with 200 pieces in it. They are thin walled and beautifully chrome plated brass tubes.  They really look fantastic and I think they look better than most of the aftermarket turned stacks or exhaust tips for a tiny fraction of the price

image.thumb.jpg.a59a4a64378b62b65d0fbb8b153d478a.jpg

Edited by Jiml0001
  • Like 5

get them from electrical supply wharehouses

I am an industrial electrician and use hundreds of them when I build a control panel. The ones I use have an insulated end but if you carefully cut that off you have what is shown in the OP pix

You can get them uninsulated as shown as well

On 9/19/2022 at 7:31 AM, Jiml0001 said:

Found a great replacement for velocity stacks. Google “bootlace ferrules” and you can get a box with an assortment of sizes.  I paid $11 for this assortment with 200 pieces in it. They are thin walled and beautifully chrome plated brass tubes.  They really look fantastic and I think they look better than most of the aftermarket turned stacks or exhaust tips for a tiny fraction of the price

image.thumb.jpg.a59a4a64378b62b65d0fbb8b153d478a.jpg

They look great!!