Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford 3-Window Coupe

Zippi

Just cracked this kit open the other day checking things out and what my options are.  I found this Revell kit on ebay some months back and have been wanting to get it on the bench this year.  I think I'm going with the full fendered version.  I also have a Ford 312 Y block engine with two 4's that a fellow sent me that I would like to use.  I don't think headers will fit but it looks like stock manifolds may work.  I have all the body parts cleaned and sanded that will be painted the body color.  I'm going with Tamiya Acrylic gloss black paint on this one.  

20220919_080418.jpg

20220918_104735.jpg

20220918_104751.jpg

20220919_121524.jpg

20220919_154205.jpg

20220919_154216.jpg

• Like 6

Hey Bob, I used the y block from the amt 57 ford in my 32 4 door sedan, had very few fitment issues with the firewall. The kit ford small block details up nicely, just needs something to dress up the engine a little.

The 32 3 window is one of my favourite of the Revell series.

So you know you have my attention.

edit: just checked out your YouTube channel and subscribed. 

Edited by Bullybeef
Added text

1 hour ago, Bullybeef said:

Hey Bob, I used the y block from the amt 57 ford in my 32 4 door sedan, had very few fitment issues with the firewall. The kit ford small block details up nicely, just needs something to dress up the engine a little.

The 32 3 window is one of my favourite of the Revell series.

So you know you have my attention.

edit: just checked out your YouTube channel and subscribed. 

Yeah, I didn't see any issues with fitting the Y block in the 32.  I kinda like the two 4's.  Thanks for subscribing to my YouTube channel.

1 hour ago, Kit Karson said:

Absolutely one of the finest Deuce kits available over the decades!  Your version is one of so many options that the kit offers!!  Must build for the avid street rod/hot rod fan... make it your own all the way, Brother... -KK

Thanks KK.  She's gonna be a Street Rod.

22 minutes ago, Kenmojr said:

I love that Chevy 3100 you have in your garage. It would be the perfect garage mate for my 60 Vette.

You should do a youtube episode on this real life beauty.

Thanks man.  We call her "Ruby"  there is a video of Ruby on my channel.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Hard to go wrong with a black 32 Ford. You're off to a good start.

There are a few intake options for the small block Ford from the kit just in the 32 series alone, let alone all the 1st gen Mustang kits out there to steal from.

Of course, a Y block would be cool. 

Thanks Craig.  I'm starting to second guess myself on painting black but I'm going to hold firm.  Yup.....lot of options for an engine.  I have the kit engine, a 312 Y block, a 572 BB, or I could mix and match.  

We had a record breaking heat wave today.  It's 97° but the humidity is only 35% so I thought I'd better get some primer on the 32.  This time I went with the Tamiya Fine Surface Primer Gray instead of white.   It layed down smooth like always.  This time I'm going to let it cure out for a couple day then wet sand it before I paint the gloss black top coat on.  

20220921_151727.jpg

20220921_151518.jpg

20220921_151556.jpg

20220921_151532.jpg

• Like 1