Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford 3-Window Coupe

Zippi

4 hours ago, XYHARRY said:

G'day Bob, everyone loves the deuce and yours is going to be sweet. I have that kit, which I built fenderless. It's on my rebuild list and thank God I kept the fenders. Your build has inspired me. I'll be watching this one. 

Cheers,David. 😎👍

Thanks Dave.  Yeah, keeping all parts from kits is a good thing.  👍

• Like 1

I've been under the weather for the past week so haven't done much as far as bench time.  I felt good enough today to get a little paint on the 32 Coupe.  Paint is Tamiya X-1 Acrylic Gloss Black thinned with Mr. Color leveling Thinner 2-1.  I was really Leary about painting black but I think it came out ok.  I'll let this cure for a couple days then wet sand it then shot the Tamiya X-22 Clear over it.  After that it will get wet sanded again and polished it out.  

20220928_105539.jpg

20220928_105642.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Olskoolrodder said:

Looking good, brother, and yeah, that will be glass smooth with just a little buffing it laid down nicely 👍😁 I hope y'all get to feeling better fast, my friend 😊

Thanks Stephen.  I appreciate the kind words brotha.  

• Like 1

Ok....I couldn't take it any longer.  I got out in the garage early this morning to check the paint.  It felt dry to me so I started wet sanding.  I decided to use 12,000 grit only as I did on my 65 Chevy II Gasser as it came out pretty good.  Here are some pics after wet sanding and after hitting it with the Tamiya X-22 Clear.  I think it came out pretty nice. 

20220929_091715.jpg

20220929_091707.jpg

20220929_095220.jpg

20220929_095431.jpg

20220929_095438.jpg

• Like 4