Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Corvette

70 Sting

12 hours ago, cheyenne93 said:

Nice clean build, Love this body style vette. 👍👍👍

Thanks Joel. As much as I love the C2, C3s have been my favourite since I was a kid.

12 hours ago, David G. said:

Fabulous Work!

Clean, tight and pretty, it looks great from every angle. The interior is especially nice.

David G.

Much appreciated David. 🙂

11 hours ago, Peter Lombardo said:

Very nice, well done.  It certainly was worth the extra effort you put into it, oh so clean and well presented.

Thanks Peter. 

11 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Absolutely beautiful work! 

This is the best Corvette model I've ever seen! 

Dave

You're making me blush David. 🤗 This type of photography is very forgiving and helps a little, too. 

On 9/21/2022 at 11:18 AM, Dave Darby said:

Looks great! Next time, instead of hobby wire, pay a visit to your local music store and ask them if they have any old used guitar strings. Tell them what you're doing with them and more likely than not they'll just give you some. They come in a variety of sizes, including thin enough to make a convincing scale antenna.  I'm using a couple sizes up from the smallest for these radiator braces.

Thanks for the tip Dave. I will check it out. 👍

i built one of these a year ago when i first got into model building and i almost quit the hobby because it was such a nightmare - nothing fit properly and i didn't have the skills (or patience) to deal with its many issues.  the fact that you were able to put together such a beautiful looking model with it is a true testament.  awesome job!

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2022 at 11:24 AM, drodg said:

Wow, We have in city where I live a green 70 or 71 Corvette that color.  The guy who owns it doesn't really keep it that pristine but it seems still in good shape.  It looks to be survivor.  Anyhow your build is fabulous.

Thanks David. After 50 years those V8s keep on running. The bodies will never rust, however the frames and bird cages are another matter.

On 9/21/2022 at 11:54 AM, espo said:

I agree with everyone else on how good the finishes look, and especially the interior detailing.    

Thanks David. Too bad it’s not a convertible as much of it can no longer been seen.

On 9/21/2022 at 12:47 PM, mustang1989 said:

Man.....you just did such a beautiful job with this kit. I mean, you really nailed it. 

spacer.png

Good luck with your build Joe!

On 9/21/2022 at 3:45 PM, TransAmMike said:

Well Harry, you have done us C-3 fans proud. That is one great looking model, superb in every way👌

Thanks Mike. C3s have been my favourite since I was a little kid. This one turned out better than the first one I made a couple years ago. 🥴

@radiohd10 Glad you didn’t give up. This was my second go at this kit… I built the first one 2 years ago. There were a couple areas I cut corners on plus a number of mistakes (sorry, learning opportunities). It used to really bother me when things went wrong but I’ve learned to fix some of them from members of this forum and YouTube.

Edited by 70 Sting

On 9/22/2022 at 8:29 PM, ea0863 said:

"Impeccable" should be the name of this build. Just excellent!!!

Too kind EMRE 🙂

On 9/23/2022 at 8:12 AM, Len Woodruff said:

Luv it! One of my all time favorite Corvette colors.

May not be everyone's taste, but they're just green with envy.🤢

On 9/23/2022 at 8:40 AM, baycolony said:

Really nice job on this. From the interior to the paint to the engine compartment, you nailed it.

Much appreciated.

On 9/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, Hemifever said:

Great looking Vette, you really nailed it.

Thanks Hemi!

Beautifully detailed work with great photography! Your photos of real car makes me want to get the same kit and paint it with the same colour.  I think it can be achieved by painting gold as base coat, and paint with mixture of clear green and couple drops of black 

On 9/26/2022 at 9:16 PM, Hmann68 said:

Absolutely gorgeous Vette! Very clean build and I love the color combo you went with, to replicate the 1:1. Beautiful 👍👍

Thanks Christopher, much appreciated.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:28 PM, e30lover said:

Beautifully detailed work with great photography! Your photos of real car makes me want to get the same kit and paint it with the same colour.  I think it can be achieved by painting gold as base coat, and paint with mixture of clear green and couple drops of black 

Thanks Chang. Your colour mix could work as well resulting in a candy green finish. I’m trying a candy finish on my next build, however, getting an even application is challenging.