Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pretty cool Dirty Mary Crazy Larry video.

Mike C.

I stumbled onto this 2-part video on YouTube. 

Makes me wonder, how many other people built a DMCL Charger over the years. I have the Autoworld diecast in 1/18 today but I remember building one in smaller scale as a kid. Also remember blowing it up with an M-80 as a teen. 😮

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 1

Cool stuff....thanks for posting. I am old enough I saw it in theaters with my girlfriend, now wife of 44 years! I loved it film just for all the car action.......and Mary! I built a Charger back in the day when all we had was the old MPC kit with the flush back window. I built another when R2 did the snap Charger kit. I made the decals and tags. 

Much like the real car it does not photo well. I painted the car light green then yellow......In person it has the odd green yellow look!!! 

MARYLARRYII3.JPG

Edited by Dave Van
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Cool stuff....thanks for posting. I am old enough I saw it in theaters with my girlfriend, now wife of 44 years! I loved it film just for all the car action.......and Mary! I built a Charger back in the day when all we had was the old MPC kit with the flush back window. I built another when R2 did the snap Charger kit. I made the decals and tags. 

Much like the real car it does not photo well. I painted the car light green then yellow......In person it has the odd green yellow look!!! 

MARYLARRYII3.JPG

May not be the right roof but it looks great! I enjoy seeing your models.  I enjoy the movie I bought the DvD…

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I doubt that I have watched this movie since around the time it was making the rounds on TV. I never realized that it was filmed in the Central Valley. Most of these towns are still Nothingvales, but Tracy has really exploded over the years. It is just over the Altamont Pass from Sillycone Valley.

4 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I saw a write up that said the real movie car was bought afterwards and kept but not preserved. Tell me if you don't think this car fits the description. Look at how the damage matches the repairs!

7478.jpg.3b3f327ec5fbf09030d0f783749cffd3.jpg

dmclsmashedcar.jpg.11dd9a90b17b538ea8a0c1e0540b1b11.jpg

Only the VINs could tell.

Sorry I was not clear........

My Charger shown is the new tool R2 'snap' Charger. My original Dirty Mary used the very old Charger kit which was just the MPC Charger Daytona kit with the Daytona nose removed. MPC failed to put the tunnel back light in after converting the Daytona to a 'Charger' making a '500' but without the 500 grille!!!! The kit was a mess for a long time. Millions of Duke's kits were run with the wrong body in order just to meet demand! 

Thanks